1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how record from sky+ onto dvd?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by agenthank, Feb 25, 2007.

1. agenthank

agenthank Member

hi,
    i have a sky+ box and i have a ellion dvd recorder, but im thinking of buying a new recorder? i want to know if it is possible to record a movie from my sky+ box onto my dvd recorder? as i have tried recording on my ellion through scart leads but no luck?
    any suggestions?
    thanks agenthank!

2. devias

devias Member

Hi,

I have no problem recording from my Sky+ onto DVD, i have a philips dvdr3380 recorder, and records fine.

I have no special macro scart, just the normal scart lead coming from the TV into the sky+ box, than another ordianry scart from Sky+ into the dvd recorder.

3. dotankui

dotankui Member

hi there

i have a really cheap dvd recorder, just like the previous reply i have hooked up my sky+ box to the dvd recorder using a standard scart lead, just follow the instructions in the recorders manual. the sky+ box has to scart sockets at the back: one to the tv and the other to be used to hook up to your video/dvd recorder....works great.

also hooked up sky+ to my pc via a video capture card using a standard video lead works great, although when using nero showtime?! to watch tv the picture is purple? why i have no idea, but using any other tv viewer everything is cystal clear.