1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how secure am i on ooL

Discussion in 'Usenet newsgroups - Help, how-tos and discussion' started by XEidelonX, Nov 17, 2009.

1. XEidelonX

XEidelonX Regular member

i use a ool news server and have been for sometime i know it isnt the best but it serves my needs for 10gb files which is what i usually grab..i use grabbit but anyone know anything on the safety of this news server? ive gotten letters from riaa before for downloading off pub torrents which i never do anymore all priv trackers but how safe is my news server? i plan on getting a pay one eventually but for now am i alright using ool? thank you.

2. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

hers the thing with news servers. you the end user are downloading files that they are hosting. so if the riaa is going to attack anyone i would assume it would be the news server since you downloading off their server.

3. XEidelonX

XEidelonX Regular member

AAH YEA..cause they get ya if you upload i believe? =) thanks for the reply

4. scum101

scum101 Guest

not any more... they can get you for downloading as well.. especially as the isp's are now supposed to be the net police.

wait and see. These newsservers all need paying for, so they got you 100% (like the Lancashire pedos last year). These newsgroups ARE the actual definition of commercial criminal pirates.. play in this field at your own peril, because if the authorities decide to go after them they just hand over details.

5. XEidelonX

XEidelonX Regular member

oi thats scary...anyone can correlate this information ?

6. cletoz

cletoz Regular member

not totally true. I believe you have privacy laws depending on what country you live in that protect your private information.

7. XEidelonX

XEidelonX Regular member

i guess like anything else use at your own risk eh? ...i should just get a pay service already lol