1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how t split a dvd into two: I just want all the content into 2 dvds....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mmell, Sep 24, 2004.

1. mmell

mmell Member

Hi there guys,
    a total newby on dvd copying. All I want to do is to copy dl dvds not compressed to one but splitted in two to preserve 100% quality.
    Can you guide me where to look at? I think I have all the programs but don't know how to do it.

bests

Michael, Italy

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

There are a few programs that can do this. I personally use DVD ReMake for it which costs $25 or $45 if you want the Pro version, which has additional menu editing functionality. You could also use DVD Stripper, which is free, but it doesn't always work correctly because it relies on IfoEdit, a program that never quite got out of beta. Depending on the movie, you may also be able to do it with DVD Shrink by setting the compression for items you don't want on a particular disc to Still Image. The downside to this method is that it won't work if the movie is too big to fit on a single disc, because you have to use the same compresion for the entire movie in Full Disc mode.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
    DVD Rebuilder Guides: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial_advanced.cfm[/small]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  3. mmell

mmell Member

Thank you for your quick reply...How about DVDfab?

Michael

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I've never used it myself, but yes it will split discs. I don't really know enough about it to help out.