1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How The Hell Can I Back Dead Or Alive Ultimate

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ejw, Dec 3, 2004.

1. linkstain

linkstain Member

I am burning it to a dvd-r, but the backup copy is an .iso file from my computer. Im using Nero to burn the image but when I put the dvd-r backup in the xbox, it only shows the beggining scroll text part of the game and it freezes. Im not even getting to the start menu. Does anyone know what the problem might be. Is there a fix for this?

2. ejw

ejw Guest

i tried every method and still it gets stuck in the evox screen....

3. siseneg66

siseneg66 Member

Hey guy, just backup it on your xbox hard disk and change default.xbe to default.xb and doa2.xbe to default.xbe.

4. ejw

ejw Guest

will that make it work, if so please explain carefully!!!please

5. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

That is the only game I haven't been able to backup!!! didn't work for me even when I made a backup copy to a dvd-r disk???? I'm going to make one last ditch effort...did you say backup the game to my Hd then ftp xbox to pc and change the default.xbe file to default.xb then change the doa2.xbe to default.xbe. I think what your trying to say is that there is a problem between disk 1 and disk 2 and that explains the freeze ups on the Evox screen. I'm going to give it a shot.

6. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Not even the original disk of this f%&$ing game worked for me!!!!! pisses me off!!

7. ejw

ejw Guest

give it a shot and if it works let us know...

8. siseneg66

siseneg66 Member

That will make it work with evox, i haven't try t o burn it yet

9. siseneg66

siseneg66 Member

On the second disk of DOA Ultimate you have DOA1.xbe,DOA2.xbe and default.xbe. Evox try to launch default.xbe but I think there is a disk-verify protection, so you must force Evox to launch the game by renaming DOA1.xbe or DOA2.xbe to default.xbe.
    Hope my explanation help someone.

10. ejw

ejw Guest

try and let us know im tired of wasting my disc..

11. siseneg66

siseneg66 Member

It's working on my xbox

12. 12ick2000

12ick2000 Member

siseneg ur a genius that was very help full
    it works now yay!

-Rick

13. ejw

ejw Guest

i still dont get it can u say it again siseneg66 with more details and if it do works, do the same for burning it into a dvd...

14. siseneg66

siseneg66 Member

i dont know what you didn't understand ejw. Tell me where is the problem and I'll try to help you. I dont know if it works with DVD-R and i dont want to try it because I have no reason to do it. I play DOA on the Harddisk cause i dont want to damage my original disk but i have no reason to make a copy.

15. ejw

ejw Guest

rename doa2.xbe to default.xbe but what do we do to default.xbe what do we rename that?????? or what to do..

16. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Thanks Siseneg your suggestion worked like a champ!! I went to dvd2xbox 6.2 and went to edit .xbe and changed doa2.xbe to default.xbe hit apply and bam!!! finally got past the evox loading screen and started playing the game. Thanks for your help!!

17. mrshorty

mrshorty Member

im also having a problem with this...which one do you rename (doa1.xbe or doa2.xbe) i have both of them...when you rename the doa1/2.xbe to default.xbe...what are u suppose to do with the other default.xbe that already exist? i have a softmodded 1.0 xbox with evox m8

18. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

why dont u guys extract the iso and ftp it...it takes a bit but works.and no renaming has to be done.thats very wrong.except that ive got one Q.How old is this game?i mean i have it and it says dead or alive2 Ultimate...but i played DOA 3 last year.

19. mrshorty

mrshorty Member

that doesn't work for me....i tried ftping the iso to the xbox via an app called SUXX...also tried dvd2xbox...ftping is way faster....

its dead or alive ultimate disc 2...some say its better than DOA3..hint "ultimate vs. 3"

20. mrshorty

mrshorty Member

update...i changed default.xbe to default.xb...and i changed doa2.xbe to default.xbe but my game still freezes at the warning screen...so i did some testing...went rename doa1.xbe to default.xbe and deleted the doa2.xbe ...the game loaded fine with doa ultimate 1 instead...i want doau2 to work..but its not doing it...anybody want to send me their default.xbe and default.xb renamed files to concacunfazibal@aol.com?

thanks!