1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How The Hell Can I Back Dead Or Alive Ultimate

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ejw, Dec 3, 2004.

1. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I didn't even mess with doa1.xbe in disk 2!!!!!!!!!! I simply backed the game up to my hard drive with dvd2xbox 6.2 and then went to edit.xb and changed doa2.xbe to default.xbe/exit&saved/ and that's it. Anyways, that's how it worked for me.

2. georaldc

georaldc Member

why is it that on disc 1, when i load doa2.xbe on the unleashx file explorer, the game starts up doa1? on disc 2, it loads up the right game (doa1.xbe for doa 1 and doa2.xbe for doa2). it's starting to piss me off coz i dont have a burner and my bro got disc 2 leaving disc 1 to me, thinking that i cud load doa2 also this way. all i can play ryt now is doa1, no matter what xbe i load

3. 12ick2000

12ick2000 Member

hmm iv figured out my own way of doin this much easier then editing any of the files , actually you dont edit anything. FIrst of all, copy the game to your xbox hdd, then, using your xbox file explorer on your xbox, locate the file where your doau had been copied too. then, find the doa2.xbe and click it or select it, it should launch the doa2.xbe, if u want to play the first one just execute doa1.xbe. i hope you all find this post helpfull and if u have any questions, post them here! HAVE FUN!

4. putz010

putz010 Member

for me the renaming doesn't work,doa1.xbe works fine, when i start default.xbe i get doa1 ultimate(the same as doa1.xbe). When i try to start doa2.xbe i get a black screen and nothing happens. i've downloaded the game(XBOX - Dead or Alive Ultimate PAL MULTI5), and send it with ftp to my xbox. do i need a crack for doa2.xbe???
    i hope someone can help.

5. 12ick2000

12ick2000 Member

i guess if starting the doa2.xbe dosent work you could burn the game to a dvd instead. I havent heard of any cracks for an xbox game. maybe you downloaded a small copy of the first disk that excludedthe files from the second game. they do that when you download games. thats why its always better to just buy the game. either try reftping the files over or burn the game to a disk with the file names edited (deleate default.xbe and rename doa2.xbe to default.xbe) if that dosent work.... i dunno lol -Lt.12ick

6. vixen76

vixen76 Member

i backed up both disks with no problems..

all i used was flashfxp, crax4 and dvddecrypter..

i have played both disks so i know they worked..

7. GoodNuts

GoodNuts Member

I copied DVD1 as sis' said, and when I inserted DVD2, it thinks it's an unknown dvd :-( and can't copy anything... what am I doing wrong? help please.

8. chrisfunk

chrisfunk Regular member

Yo! I know this thread is like 9 months old or something but it didn't seem to end with any definate soloution.
    I was pretty late getting this game and had problems backing it up, found this thread when looking for a fix on google.
    Anyway, I'm hoping that maybe some of you who gave up on this are still subscribed to this thread and might find this useful,,,,

Right, I still don't know about copying to xbox hard drive, I have done it and renamed / deleted the xbe files in every combination I could think of and it still does not boot up from evo x, but I do have a little to add to the dvd back up discussion.

Putting disc 2 in the xbox and using flash FXP does not work the normal way because as a lot of the files in the DOA1 and DOA2 folders have the same name. It will work it's way through and copy all of the DOA1 files but when it gets round to the DOA2 folder your FTP program will promt you to overwrite the existing files.
    SO what you have to do is FTP the disc minus the DOA1 folder first, then do the DOA1 folder seperately and put them together yourself.

When that's done, you don't need to mess around renaming files, just use quix to create the iso from the files and burn to dvd.

Now I did this and it still wont boot from the evox screen (maybe messing with the xbe files would solve this but why bother?) Because if you put the disc in before powering up and have autoplay switched on it loads up and plays fine!

There you go, a definate solution. (a bit slow though!!!!! : )