1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How the...????

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by dabest, Apr 2, 2007.

1. dabest

dabest Member

How do i convert a DVD to MP4 using a free converter? i got a 30GB video ipod and i rely wanna put some movies on it. Is there any free software???

2. mrxxg

mrxxg Guest

you are use dvd decrypter to copy vobs files from you dvd to hard drive and then use videora or streamclip to convert it to mp4 format..these are all free..but will take a while.

3. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

There are great all-in-one programs to use, such as PQ DVD, Cucusoft, or Xilisoft, but they all cost money unless you're into pirating. ;-)

4. colw

colw Active member

If you already have Nero on your machine, you can use Recode to convert DVDs to MP4 format.

5. dabest

dabest Member

i dont have nero or any suite like cucusoft but i do have MPEG streamclip. i can i use that to convert to MP4?

6. mrxxg

mrxxg Guest

no..streamclip can not convert dvds. you can either try to use dvd decrypter to convert dvd to vob, then use streamclip to convert to mp4, or spend some money on some commercial tool.

7. Tyrh

Tyrh Guest

[removed] All you need is DVD(video) to ipod Converter and DVD(video) to zune Converter. If you have any question feel free to ask. If you don't like this approach, there are other programs.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2007
  8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

9. purewater

purewater Member

my friend told me to use a freeware named Super, but I've bought Cool Video to iPod/MP4/3GP/PSP Converter. You can try both of them