1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to access Nero Recode

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by soulsling, Jun 22, 2004.

1. soulsling

soulsling Member

ok, i have nero 6.3.0.3. I want to try to use recode. How do I find it? is it included with the installation?

2. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

Yes it is included in the download.:)

Do you have startsmart on your desk top, if so click on to it and click DVD most likely it is on cd and thats why you can't find it or go into your program files and find where it says Nero and just use the drop down menus.

I hope you understood this...I am somewhat to all of this.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Al[/small]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2004
  3. VLJ

VLJ Member

I have Nero 6.3.1.15 version. You might be one or two updates behind. Yes.. smart start will have recode. Another way is "start" "Programs" "Nero" and in there will be the recode. Also very handy is the Nero "Back-it-up" program for backing up your hard drive or files or folders.

4. soulsling

soulsling Member

ok, when i click recode video in smart start, i get a error window with a black and white logo that says "DVD-VIDEO PLUG IN
    Due to patent restrictions, MPEG-2 encoding/decoding/playback is not available. This feature can be added by installing the DVD-Video Plug-In"
    Then theres a link that says "Find out more about the DVD-Video Plug-in" but it links to this site: http://xxx/
    Another link that says "Purchase the DVD-Video Plug-in now" but it leads to http://xxx/ as well.
    ??
    then i hit ok and it goes back to smart start.

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

soulsling,

Your link looks funny :( ..adware or something. But to get everything in Nero you'll have to download all the updates(except for download #3 InCD4). You can get the updates from http://www.nero.com and click updates. Recode is in download #2.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    1.5 GB RDRAM, 200GB HD
    TDK 840G, Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
    XP Pro, ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro

Gateway 450, Pentium III 450MHz
    384 MB SDRAM, 160GB HD
    NEC 2100A, LiteOn LTD-163 DVD-ROM
    XP Home, 16MB nVidia RIVA TNT[/small]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2004
  6. vietorisz

vietorisz Member

nero recode is included in the vision express package together with nero show time wich with me does not work at all. Vision package 6xx only works if you have DirectX 9 installed on your computer and will refuse backing-up any protected dvd-s so you'll need a software like AnyDVD in order to be able to back-up movies from original. Since Nero teamed up with DVD Shrink, Recode became a wonderfull piece of software, surely not to many of you know that, but it has a feature which enables you to back-up on-the-fly which reduces considerably the time, sometimes even 13 min at a 4X writing speed recoding+writing but your PC configuration will do even better performance, good luck

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

DVD43 works with Recode 2 also.

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold]vietorisz[/bold], you haven't read too many threads if you think people aren't aware of how good recode is, at least none I've been in. You must use an on the fly tool such as anydvd, dvd43, or dvd regionfree in order to burn in this method.[bold]soulsling[/bold], you must install ultra update packs 1 & 2, and individually register recode2 and nerovision express2 in order for them to work properly. You should get the dvd plug in with the purchase of ultra. to register,open recode, click on the ? at the bottom left, click on register in the drop down menu, and enter your ultra purchase #. go to nerovision express open it and do the same thing.