1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question How to add a segment using Avidemux?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Blurry_1, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Blurry_1

Blurry_1 Newbie

Hello,
    Maybe I'm trying to do the impossible using Avidemux and Win 7 64. I'd like to be able to add a video segment to the middle of an existing one. I see that I can ' append ' the file but that just puts my added segment at either end of the video. All other features of the program seem to work fine, I can deleted segments, or copy them and save them.

Is it possible to use Avidemux for such a thing or must I use something else with more features? I am new to video editing, the answer might be obvious to those more experienced, but I'm stuck!

Thanks to all in advance!

2. attar

attar Senior member

The addition would have to be the same type as the original e.g. AVI and have the same resolution, audio and framerate.
    A typical scenario would be to load the original and make a selection ending on a keyframe (I Frame) mark the end point using the B button - the selection is highlighted.
    Save that part - P1.avi.
    Press the Del key to get rid of the selection and save the remainder as P3.avi.
    Restart AviDemux and load P1, append the new bit, then append P3.

In the image:
    1.steps by keyframe
    2.ends selection
    3.selection to be saved.

Clipboard01.