1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to backup nintendo ds games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by bigboyblu, Nov 21, 2004.

1. bigboyblu

bigboyblu Member

does anyone how to backup these games

2. StoneRain

StoneRain Member

It is a 16 connector card. I think it is MMC. If you can stick it into a 8 in 1 reader, and copy the files off it, then you should be able to copy them to a blank media card. I opened up one of the DS games and it looks like just a memory chip. Nothing to complicated. But, there are 4 contacts internally that I would guess have something to do with writing to the cards.

I doubt it would be a simple copy process.

3. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

you could try but warning the rumors going around is if you make a illegal copy of the ds game the ds will lock and you will no longer be able to use your ds

4. DiZzYD

DiZzYD Member

Dude that is BS, if it was able to recoginize a dupe (which t hasn't yet) and it was able to lock you out(which hasen't happened yet) than it would be able to have an override (by code) from the blank "media". It's gonna be a awhile bfore this happens.

5. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

did you even bother reading my post i said the latest rumor is that the ds will lock you out

besides i have allready figured out how to hack a ds cartridge and copy info off of it but im not telling anyone and it doesn't involve a 8-1 reader thats just bull **** it doesn't work because the nintendo ds cartridges has more pins then a mmd card or a sd card so try again

6. k4m1k4z3

k4m1k4z3 Member

Well thats helpfull aint it guys.

~John i just do not get guys like you.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005