1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to backup RMVB files (real media files) on DVD-R?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by smokedhen, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smokedhen

smokedhen Member

Can someone help me copy RMVB files onto a dvd-r disc. I don't need it to play on a dvd. I only need to have the file moved onto a dvd so that I can have more room on my computer.

Thanks in advance!

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi smokedhen
    Use your burning program of choice and just burn these files as a data disc.
    Or if you need a burning program here's a good free one - ImgBurn.
    Use the build mode to add the files to burn.

3. smokedhen

smokedhen Member

I tried burning them as a data disc on Sonic DigitalMedia LE v.7, but it did not work.

this was the advance message:
    Sense: 03 ASC: 73 ASCQ: 03 (Command 2A)
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Px.dll: 2.4.43.500
    pxdrv.dll: 1.1.51.0
    PxMas.dll: 2.4.43.500
    PxSFS.DLL: 2.2.45.500
    PxWave.dll: 2.4.43.500
    pxwma.dll: 1.0.0.3

It's a clean, new disc. It suggested for me to use another manufacturers disc. This is a memorex DVD-R

thanks

4. smokedhen

smokedhen Member

Do I have to convert the files before I can use Imageburn? I tried that program, but I can't get it to work.

thanks!

5. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

No, you do not need to convert the files. ImgBurn will burn it as a Data Disc (will work on a PC). You only need to convert your files if you want a DVD Video disc (one that works on a DVD player).

Launch the software. Then go to "mode=>build"

You can drag and drop files or use the browse tools. I use browse tools. For importing files, use the icon that looks like the "search file" icon. For folders, use the "search folder" icon.

Alternately, you can go to "file=>browse for file" and "file=>browse for folder".

After you finished compiling the data, go to the "Label" tab to create your disc label (this is what your drive will show when you insert the disc, not an actual label that goes on the disc).

Next choose your output type. You can burn directly on the disc or burn to an image first. Go to "output" and select device to burn straight to the disc and file to create an image.

Choose your disc speed. Never burn at max speed. The fastest you should burn is half the rated speed. So for an 8x disc, burn at 4x. For 16x burn at 8x. I always burn at 4x personally.

Now, click the big "folder to output" button or go to "file=>build" to begin the process.

If you still have problems, maybe it's firmware related or disc related (Memorex are bad. Use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden). It could also be that ImgBurn does not want to burn a small project on DVD. Try to almost fill up your DVD. I always go to 98% - 99%.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  6. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Imgburn only burns in iso format, so yes u have to convert your data to use imgburn. Better yet in the mode function imgburn can convert the data in the build function(see the home page of imgburn for a full explanation) to iso, then imgburn can burn it.

Good luck

PS don't forget to use good media for the discs eg verbatim or taiyo yuden.