1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to be able to receive files through MSN messenger 7.0

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by gorane, Apr 18, 2005.

1. gorane

gorane Member

I have a problem, after i installed msn messenger 7.0, i can't receive any audio or video files anymore. which pisses me off! and i was hoping any of you could help me fix it. It was never a problem before, but now it doesn't work. I know other people I know have the same problem. I am using Norton Antivirus 2004, but i even tried shutting the whole program off, still couldn't receive any audio/mp3 files.. :/ A dude i know said he had the same problem but fixed it in Norton, he said he did something with "worm protections" under options, but there's nothing called worm protections in my norton, he's got the 2005 version though... anyway, I hope somebody out there has got the answer for me, cause I'm sick and tired of trying to fix it myself, I give up :)

2. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

ooo dug up an old thread. Ok to fix it download Mess Patch, it can be found on http://mess.be ,or try A-patch http://apatch.tk/ .One of em' should work cos it worked for a me and probably everyone that hs it lol, hope it helped :)

3. gorane

gorane Member

Mess Patch worked fine, and besides i could now get msn to let everyone know what song I'm listening to on Winamp.. :D thanks!

4. leogeo

leogeo Member

ok...i downlaod mess patch and i don't know which 'patch' to fix...theres a whole bunch of them...which should i choose?

By the way, i also cannot receive files despite me turning off firewall...i can send though...

5. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

I think u have to make sure the Blocked Extensions box is checked/ ticked. Mess patch never worked for me :( i use A- Patch.

6. leogeo

leogeo Member

the closest is 'remove file transfer protection' for a patch

is that it?

7. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Yep. By the time u read this I think u would;ve already ticked it, oh and btw make sure u dont install a patch over a patch, patches should only be installed on a clean copy of msn messenger so If u tried to use Mess Patch, reinstall MSN Messenger and then put A- Patch on. ;)

8. leogeo

leogeo Member

thanks a lot!