1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to best use Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bigbear89, Mar 31, 2004.

1. bigbear89

bigbear89 Guest

Hey guys/gals,

I am back with another newbiw question. First let me say thanks for all the help and adivce thus far. I have used Decryptor and Shrink to back up my DVDs to my HDD. Now I would like to put them to DVD+R.

What is the best option to pick under Nero? I have Nero V6.1.3.6

Do use use the DVD ISO? DVD-Video? Or DVD-Rom (UDF/ISO)?...so that it will play in my stand-alone player.

Thanks for any help and advice.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

bigbear89,

You want to go into DVD Shrink, click “Edit”, then click “Preferences” under the “File I/O” tab [bold]tick[/bold] “Enable burning with Nero” then click “OK”.

First, you should, as many of you do already, create a folder for your backup before hand. Try to put it someplace where you won’t forget it - i.e. C:/All DVD work/Movie name.

Use shrink and when you're ready select “Backup”. Take just a second and under “Target Device” go to “Select target device” once there, select “Hard disc folder”. NEXT, [bold]IMPORTANT, [/bold] un-tick the “Launch DVD Decrypter to burn the output image” box. Finally, where it says “Select target image file”, browse till you find your created folder for your backup and click “Save”, That’s it ! Click “OK”

Do not use Nero Wizard.
    When you open Nero Burning ROM, you will be at the “New Compilation” window. Directly under the title “New Compilation” is a choice block to choose either DVD or CD, choose DVD. Directly under that click on the DVD Video Icon. Then click “New” in the upper right corner of that screen, NOT the main screen.
    You now are in the DVD Video window. In the left screen, click VIDEO_TS. In the File Browser screen, 3rd from the left, trace your path to the VIDEO_TS folder, the one you made earlier holding all of your files and click on that folder. All of your VIDEO_TS files are now opened in the right screen. Click on the top file, hold down the “Shift” key and then click the bottom file thereby hi-lighting the entire column of files. Click and (holding the left mouse button down) drag the entire column of files to the open screen, second from the left.
    Now click the icon on the task bar that shows a match on a disc, and then click “OK” and now shout out, “Burn Baby, BURN !”

That should do it-

Enjoy,

Pete

3. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

The only thing you might have to do is reinstall nero if you've never used the backup auto with nero, i did and it kept graying it out, reinstalled nero and it worked fine.

4. bigbear89

bigbear89 Guest

Ok, thanks. I will give that a try and see what happens.

Thanks ScubaPete and pbailey!!!!