1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Break an iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Moomoo2, May 28, 2007.

1. Moomoo2

Moomoo2 Regular member

So, I have a Best Buy warranty on my iPod. After it breaks 4 times, they'll give me a new one, (consequently, an upgrade.)

If I unplug my iPod from my computer while defragging it, will it break?

--Moomoo2

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Naw, most likely won't break. The best way to break it would be to open it up and disconnect a random wire without making it look like you opened it. (Don't blame me if its obvious you opened it or it doesn't work, LOL)

3. Moomoo2

Moomoo2 Regular member

iPods are a bit hard to open, aren't they?

The stupid thing is already messed up. It'll randomly go on hold when I don't use the hold switch, it freezes up from time to time, etc...

It's a iPod Photo, but from the generation when it was just called "Color iPod"

*shrug*

I'm defragging right now trying to get it to work, but I broke the hard drive once before, so I assume I can figure out a way to do it again.

-Moomoo2

4. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

I'm not sure how hard it is to open the iPod Photo. Just make sure you don't do anything like Rockbox, iPodLinux, iPodWizard, etc. to it because that will void your warranty.