1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Build Up A Good Ratio On BitTorrent Registered Trackers

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by Mik3h, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Ok, so you've joined a registered trackers, and you've noticed there are consequences if you don't have a good upload ratio.
    People who have not uploaded a sufficient amount (usually 8gb) have to wait a period of time for newer files (upto 48 hours wait).

This can be frustrating, as speeds become slow, you have to wait a long time to get those files, and you risk being banned for a low ratio.

Ok, a technique I'm going to teach you, is a special method to build a big upload ratio.

Ok, imagine a torrent. Where there are only a few seeders, and a hell of a lot of leechers, if you could grab those file/s, you could seed for quite some time which would pay off as far as your upload ratio goes.

But to get those file/s, you'd have to download them, which we all know put's a big dent in your ratio. There is however, another way. On most torrent files, files are split up into WinRAR volumes. Usually consisting of 50mb. If you could get a few of these volumes, you could seed these for a very long time (depending on the number of leechers).

So, here is a picture of two torrents which have a high number of leechers, and a low number of seeders :
    [​IMG]

Also, notice how they have been uploaded recently, and thus have a time delay on you because you have not uploaded the tracker minumum to rid of your time delays.

Ok, now. If you download one of these torrents, you should pick one or two parts :
    [​IMG]

Notice how I have only chosen [bold]two[/bold] files to download.

You will have to find out how to download the files of your choice only, on the client you use.

Now, after these files have downloaded, you will immediately start seeding to all these leechers. Leave it on for say.. a day. And you will have probably seeded over 1-2gb. If you keep using this method, you will build a really big ratio!

And it can be done whenever you want, regardless of your ratio. Also, I know it is frustrating because torrents which have a high number of leechers, are usually newer files and so the delay comes into play again.. but if you keep an eye open, or even set it so you can view ALL files, and sort them in the order of number of leechers, look for one without a delay on you, are you're all set to go!

Hopefully you can build up a big ratio with this guide! Enjoy!

-Mike

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  2. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Hmm...never thought of using this type of method to keep the ratio above 1.00...good advice!

3. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Yeah, It's not too well-known so I though I'd let everyone know :)

-Mike

4. CruzDavid

CruzDavid Regular member

very nice...i see you got torrentleech rofl lmao lol dsggfsdfgfsddsgh

5. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Thanks, and yes that's right. Got BlackCats-Games, TorrentBytes, MafiaTorrents, BitSoup, and Midnight-Torrents too.

-Mike

6. hursty

hursty Active member

no offence mikeh,but those who use this method to up there ratio should be banned,what you are doing when using this method is effectivly creating a seed which is not a full seed

imagine looking at a torrent which has say,100 seeds,and of these 100 seeds,80 are only distributing 2 files,it gives the impression this torrent is healthy,when in actual fact its not,and reality there are only 20 seeds,..and will dis-wade others from seeding that particular torrent,because they think its healthy enough,and they may choose to seed something else

i personally ban anyone from leeching off me,who i suspect uses this method

this is frowned upon on many torrent sites,although they dont ban you for doing it,as of yet

there are many ways to keep a good ratio,and thats to download a popular small file,with plenty of leechers...keep up with the latest releases,and dont connect to old torrents

or just use newsgroups

7. Gimpsr

Gimpsr Member

"what you are doing when using this method is effectivly creating a seed which is not a full seed "

That's where you're wrong. He's still listed as a leecher, because he hasn't finished the file, thus he CANT be a seed. A seed is 100% complete.

He'll still be listed as a leecher.

Edit- And what I meant by "He hasnt finished the file" is i meant the entire torrent, not just the two individual files.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  8. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Na, I understand where youre comign from. And no I would be listed as a seeder because I've skipped all but two or three RARs and thus I am 100% complete. You've got a good point there about making it look healthy.
    I could have sworn TorrentLeech suggested it, but I re-checked and they don't lol. The bad thing is, people like me who have a download and upload cap cannot enjoy registered trackers as much.

I only have a 20gb per month download cap, and a 5gb per month upload cap, so as you can see this is one of the reasons I tend to use this method. I know it is no excuse, but I hope to get another ISP soon.

As far as the guide goes, I feel it is upto everyone what they decide to do. Let your conscience decide. But I do understand where you are coming from Hursty, and I thank you for letting us know about the ways in which it can affect torrents.

-Mike

9. hursty

hursty Active member

you should do some research.....
    you are listed as a seed.as you have completed what you intended to download

check around the torrent sites,a lot of them say the same thing,and a lot of them frown upon it
    i should know,i am a member on a lot of register only sites,i can name a couple that stickied this

but each to there own,if you want to do it,then do it,i dont use torrents as much these days anyways
    some people dont really understand how the torrent system works,(i am not saying you dont),but some abuse the system,and hit and run all the time
    this goes for those who use DHT on register only sites....now that really screws things up

kind regards hursty

10. CruzDavid

CruzDavid Regular member

So your saying that out of 100 seeds only 20 people actually wanted the file.

Your ridiculous. On the popular torrent sites a file can get 300 peers altogether easy. Real popular torrents get 1000. Your saying that nobody is gonna want the file they download. 80% will do this.

Get a grip man. Most people download stuff because they want it.

I download and use this method on a big dvd-r or even some xbox games.

11. i_suck

i_suck Guest

use proxy, your stat will stay the same.

12. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

You leeching bastards! LOL How can you call yourself claimed "filesharers" when you didn't even mention that you were!? I always allow a torrent lacking in seeds more time for others to become seeds, then I take off, but I rarely never allow a torrent to have less than 1.0 ratio. I also don't have a cap on my ISP, so ha! Hehehe!

But I do have a low bandwidth, so Boo to me.

I also have seen torrents that have way more than 1000 peers on it, more like 20000 if the item is popular.

...Use public torrents!!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005
  13. hursty

hursty Active member

@ CruzDavid

who's ridulous????....me?

14. CruzDavid

CruzDavid Regular member

You your basically saying that ouyt of 100 people 80% arent sharing the whole file. because they are using this method. Check the peers list when your downloading and you will see that theres more then 20% with 100%.

Also on azureas if you dont download the whole file even though you chose not to download certain files it wont go to the seed area whrn you are done.

You will see you are downloading bits at a time even though there is no data being transferred.

15. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Yes it will.. I will be listed as seeding, and it will say I'm seeding with 100%. When I only choose to download one of two parts and cancel the others, it [bold]will[/bold] say I've 100% and fully distributing.

-Mike

16. hursty

hursty Active member

the figure 80/100 was a figure i pulled out off the top of my head,it doesnt matter whether its 1/100 or 99/100

people should seed properly,and stop being such a leeching b*****d's

if anyone cant share what they have took,and keep up a good ratio,i.e 1:1,then they should either dont download or donate monies to attain credit
    this is how the system is supposed to work,check this out on any torrent site.

this has been taken from one of the main private torrents sites as an example,(the owner of the site has posted this),not just some "guy"

sorry about the caps,but thats how it came.....

calling me ridiculous.....jeeeeese

[bold]end of discusion,and un-subscribed[/quote]

good luck anyways,if anyone wants to use this method,then fine

i dont upload anything anymore anyways (much),i use newsgroups...
    so what i am doing wasting my time arguing about this,god only knows
    because some people just dont listen

kind regards

hursty :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  17. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Come on guys, an Addict and a Senior arguing like newbies, let's all just agree to disagree :)

Life goes on :D

18. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I'm no arguin' wi Hursty.

-Mike

19. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Ah, ok, fair do's & apologies

20. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Hehe, forget it.

-Mike