1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Build Up A Good Ratio On BitTorrent Registered Trackers

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by Mik3h, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I NEVER Ratiohack! That was Dan, trying to ratio hack and did it on my account :( And you don't seed on my TL account, you let me do it! :p

-Mike

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

LOL, he told me it was you! I'll have words with him later ;-)

Hehe, how'd he get onto your account anywho?

And, pah, I'll seed some stuff for you, if you want :p

(I haven't actually downloaded much recently, Tiscali have put me on their sh*tlist for heavy user :-X)

:-D

3. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Lol forget it man, I got put on the list too, capped to 40gb a month now. :(

-Mike

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Aww man :-(

You're with BT yeah? Well Tiscali have just put me on the heavy bandwidth list, so i share a limited badwidth space with lots of heavy users...It SUCKS! :p

5. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Nah, I'm with Virgin ( No Irony there! :) ) and yeah they've added me too. Guess it's cos I've downloaded over 400gb in the space of 20 weeks :p

-Mike

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Lol, we do take Fair Usage Policy to teh extremes :p

7. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Hahahah , well the real aim is not to affect user's service, which I don't - I download at night time.

-Mike

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

And they still f***ed you over? Lol

I just download when I want my films or music or whatever, and I will continue to. Sod Tiscali :p

9. joe777

joe777 Member

The UK seems to be a horrible place for internet connections. I have a friend in Ireland who's with the dreaded AOL, and they cap her monthly usage, only give a usb modem!!!!WTF, no static IP and block almost all the ports lol. But seriously lots of ports are blocked by the server. She got a friendly reminder from the mods at BSoup and was told to get her finger out ( now theres no more peeps getting in until there are peeps thrown out )so she wants to keep her account. Now this is the truth, Q. How do I keep my ratio up. A.Download prOn and seed for a few days.
    Man in holland we get a free static IP, FUP but I dont know when you get an email from the ISP to ask you to curb your internet habbits a little, in the terrabyte region and no email so far, a free wireless router/modem, or a router/modem/switch from some ISP's and full control over your connection. We even have direct ADSL, which has no ISP, + of course ADSL2. I think you also dont need a contract house telephone to get connected through the copper, and now theres a war going on between the Cable providers, which can only spell good deals for the customer. For example the VoIp is taking off big style here and all the ISP's are throwing massive deals at you. Theres 1 new cable provider in Amsterdam thats giving you 50m/b symetrical line for 90 Euros per month, BUT the per gig is very expensive and only a small region can access it for now.

10. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Agreed. They are the worst country for BroadBand ever.. Unless you live in London, and then you just hack into people's wireless connections! ^.~

11. joe777

joe777 Member

For educational purposes only, that is not so hard these days. Making your machine act as the default gateway!!! on a secured network. Astalavista has some good info on How To Secure Your Network.

12. RyogaXvX

RyogaXvX Member

I oppose a scenerio to you. I will use Mike's advice but this is why.

Have you ever taken into consideration the Fake torrents that are out there? heres an example, Windows Vista RTM 6000. There were MANY fakes out there, which I downloaded. Now, am I suppose to seed a FAKE torrent for some other poor sap? No way. "Deleted." and now my ratio is low. Thanks for the help Mike!