1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn 2 part movie to one single layer dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by shotty71, Feb 8, 2005.

1. shotty71

shotty71 Guest

I am trying to burn goodfellas, but the dvd is two sided, side A and side B, and I want to fit both parts on one dvd. I have dvd shrink and nero and I create iso image then burn to blank dvd, can I somehow burn both parts(iso images) to one dvd? Do any of these programs accomplish this task or is there something else I have to do?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You can do this in Shrink by doing the following
    1. Open Shrink
    2. Click on "File" "Open Disc Image"
    3. Browse to your 1st image file and open it
    4. Click on "Reauthor"
    5. Drag the Main movie from the right to the left window.
    6. Repeat steps 2 thru 5 for the 2nd image.
    7. Now click on "compression Settings"
    8. un check all the extra crap just keep the 5.1CH sound.
    9. Now after you have re-authored your 2 titles just click on "Backup"
    10. You probably should go ahead and make sure you have your quality setting checked here.
    11. Then jsu pick how you want to back up the movie I would pick copy to HD as an ISO here, but if you want to be able to check out the finished product b efore burning it on a DVD then you may want to just back it up to the HD. This will put the files on your HD where you choose and then you could view the files with you DVD playing software on your PC to make sure all is fine...

Good Luck

3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Are you using dual layer media? If not, you are going to have to do a lot of compression -- with the attendant video image quality loss -- to get both sides on a single dvd5.

If you still want to do it, you'll need to do a "compilation" using dvd shrink. There's a nice flash tutorial on this at www.dvdshrink.info. (Opps, looks like bbmayo just posted the steps for you. You still might want to check out the flash tutorial, though.)

4. shotty71

shotty71 Guest

thanks guys, I appreciate your help, I am new to this and am still learning.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah you are probably going to get a loss of quality with all that compression even though I did do Toy Story 1 & 2 on one DVD 5 disk and it turned out pretty darn good I was pretty impressed. Of course this was the kid's movie and I would never compress my own movies this much. I even split up the bigger movies like I just did "The Good The Bad And The Ugly" It was on one Disk but to much compression for my liking so I just go ahead and put it on 2 DVD5 disks I can afford the extra .29c. :)