1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn 90minute discs with nero express?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Chef03, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Chef03

Chef03 Guest

Hi
    I have movies from kazaa which are too big for an 80 minute disc so i bought some 90minute discs but nero wont recognise them as being 90minutes how would i go about solving this problem

thanks

2. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

is your cdrw drive able to read the 90 min cd's
    it may not be the software, some drives aren't compatible with the 90 min cd's

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. Nero Express is poo and may not even offer the functionality to read anything beyond 650 and 700s. Nero BurningROM would have a better chance.

2. As tmfloria said, there are burners that cannot handle these giant CDs. What make and model are you using?

3. In both Nero BurningROM and Nero Express, goto the preferences --> Expert Features --> Enable Overburn & Set the maximum time to 99 minutes. Re,ember to burn slowly.

4. Chef03

Chef03 Guest

yeah i know nero express is crap i just installed it as it came with the writer its a Lite-on combo Ltc-48161H its a dvd drive & cd writer drive. I tried the overburn but it still says there isnt enough free space on the media even though there is

anymore help would be appreciated
    thanks

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2003
  6. Praetor

And uninstall that darned Express crap! :)

7. Chef03

Chef03 Guest

OK i've uninstalled thecrappy Nero express and went back to nero burning rom 5.5 full version btw not the bundled crap :p
    Still not getting anyfurther with these 90 minute discs nero just isnt happy with them going to try burnatonce but if anyone knows how to setup nero burning rom 5.5 for burning 90 minute discs help would be appreciated

btw Doing a great job and cool guides keep up the good work :p

chef

8. Praetor

To setup the overburn:
    1. Start Nero, close the dialog box
    2. File --> Preferences
    3. Expert Settings
    4. Enable Overburn
    5. Set the max to 99 minutes
    Burn slow.

Note that this works hit and miss with a lot of people. I wouldnt use Nero to burn anything past 700MB media. Try a more 'robust' program or BurnAtOnce.

9. Chef03

Chef03 Guest

I was going to download burnatonce but the download link doesnt seem to be working on their site so ill struggle on with nero lol although i dont think its ever gonna work still isnt recognising the discs as 90 minute discs and overburn is set to 99 mins it just isnt going to happen

CHEF

10. Praetor

1. With Nero BurningROM burn slooooow
    2. Dont use Nero 5.5.10.50 or 6.0.0.15 they have identified overburning issues
    3. Dont use Nero Express. It doesnt give you the control you need over your burn (although you dont really have much control with Nero in general anyways).
    4. BurnAtOnce: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/burnatonce.cfm
    5. I personally reccommend CDRWIN5 for overburning; BurnAtOnce is my second fav <<Insert Shoey's Endorsement of BurnAtOnce here>>

11. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I (nor anyone else) wouldn't wan't to pay for CDRWin 5.0 when burnatonce can get the job done and best of all, it's free! CDRWin 5.0 is a great burning program, no doubt about it!

Shoey :)

12. Praetor

Hehe to each their own :-|