1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn a dvdr iso?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tuneboyhp, Nov 28, 2004.

1. tuneboyhp

tuneboyhp Member

hey guys i have this file :
    National.Lampoon.Presents.Dorm.Daze.2003.PAL.DTS.NL.DVDR-GOOGLE
    its a dvdr iso, i have a dvdr+16 and dvdr-12 burner
    i tried to burn it with nero, the burning process went fine, but once done my pc dvd nor my standalone dvd player plays the dvd
    if anyone could help me with this problem with a good explenation it would be much apreciated :)

2. kapeman

kapeman Member

The quikest and easiest way to burn ISO files to DVD is to use DVD Decrypter.

Open the app...select mode...ISO...write

Then select your source file (ISO) , your destination drive and click on the button to burn.

That's it.

3. tuneboyhp

tuneboyhp Member

thnx for this answer
    sounds easy enough
    i used mmore dvdr+, those didnt work
    could you advice me what kind of dvds do work
    should i go for dvdr-, and what brand?

4. kapeman

kapeman Member

I have used this same method on both +R and -R DVDs with no problems.

I can't with good conscience make any brand recommendations.

Go to http://www.cdrinfo.com and look for their media guide. It lists the OEM and the company that rebrands the media. This can give you an idea of what media to buy based on the true manufacturer.

I can tell you to avoid Memorex media. I bought some DVD +/- disks from Bestbuy that were supposedly 8X and they would only burn at 4x.

5. swervin

swervin Regular member

Ritek Ridata (Branded) G04 DVD-R disks are great. From all my reading on here and other places, the top of the line DVD disks are Taiyo Yuden and are supposed to be one of if not the best out there. I bought some Maxell DVD-R's from Wal-Mart (yellow top) and after checking the disks with DVD Identifier, they are made my Taiyo Yuden. I used the entire cake box with no coasters and great results. The Maxell's, I highly recommend. The Ritek Ridata's I do too. I've not had a coaster with either brand, yet.

Stay far, far, away from Memorex. They are junk. There are several places on the net to buy media from and cheaper than in stores. Don't base your selection on price. The Ritek's I bought on the net were $12.50 for 25 and free shipping. From what I've seen, any disk with a very well known company name will be higher than others and no where near as good.

Mike

6. tuneboyhp

tuneboyhp Member

thnx for the advice guys
    avoid memorex cause its crap, got it

7. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

Just bought some MAXELL 15 PACK from STAPLES, but when I identified the disks they read as Ritek G04 DVD-R disks.These had the yellow tops.I really haven't noticed too much of an improvement between SONY, MAXELL and RITEK MEDIA. and that your're going to have backup issues regardless of the brand being used, freezing and so forth.