1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn an AVI movie???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pancette, Mar 4, 2005.

1. pancette

pancette Member

hi. I have just purchased the latest LG dvd burner and would like to burn an avi movie that is on my hard drive. What do I do? Do I convert it? Do I use Nero Express? Do I use Ashampoo Shrink and Burn? very new at this . Thanks for any help

2. pancette

pancette Member

forgot to add........
    I want to play this DVD in my dvd player (Koss) and it only plays dvd or vcd so I guess the format must be one of these

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Let me see if I understand your question first.
    Do you want to make your AVI into a DVD compliant file so you can watch it on a standard DVD player?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

LOL I guess we writing at the same time..
    OK First you have to convert the file here is a link to a program that will do that for you
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/vso_divxtodvd.cfm

If the file after converting is to large for a DVD you can run it thre DVD Shrink

Then simply burn the DVD with any burning software eg. Nero.. If you have Nero and want to see a guide for that process there is one at my website (link in sig)

also if you have Nero you can use NeroVisionExpress to do the whole process and there is a guide for that at my site also.. :)

5. pancette

pancette Member

yes I want to convert an AVI somehow on to a DVD so that my DVD player will play it. My DVD player will apparently only play dvd, vcd ,mp3. So I can use something from your site do do this?

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

yes you can use the NVE guide there. You can download Nero & Nero Vision Express at there website is a free 30 day trial so you can see if you like it or not..