1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn and use *.img file?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by zgod13, Aug 4, 2003.

1. zgod13

zgod13 Member

I downloaded a file called rtcw.img (which i assume is return to castle wolfenstein for pc)

now that i have the file how do i go about installing it to my pc? I have nero xpress and it doesn't recognize *.img as a file type.

do i force the burn? or do i need another software?

please answer with some depth. I am not too computer saavy!!

thanks ALOT guys!

Z

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Grab a program called WinISO (UltraISO might work too I havnt tried or CDMage (free). With WinISO, Convert --> Other Format Convert and convert it to BIN/CUE or ISO. In CDMage, open up the IMG file and just File --> Save As.

However you probably dont need to do that lol.... a whole bunch of burning apps recognize IMG format: BurnAtOnce (free) and CDRWIN (not free) and (i think) Fireburner (not free) support IMG formats. There are more too!

The (mentally) simplest technique would be to convert to BIN/CUE and then burn it in Nero (File --> Burn Image --> Select the CUE File and burn away).

3. ah64

ah64 Member

is it exact that .img can be burnt with cloneCD or only with your manipulation can do that ?

4. Praetor

I havnt done much with CloneCD Images but I am guessing the CCD files that CloneCD creates when it makes images are used to duplicate protection schemes and such. So in that case i dont think just the IMG file is sufficient with CloneCD.... I could be wrong of course. ;-)

5. ah64

ah64 Member

what you suggest to do copy CCD and img because ccd id small file. IMG is the big one 750 MB !?!

6. Praetor

Why dont you just use CloneCD to burn the image? That would be the simplest way to do it.... after all you do already have IMG and CCD files right? It would seem like extra work to translate to another format.