1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn avi to cd-r

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by rappa69, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Never say what you are trying to download mate because the forum basically isn't interested in hearing that! lol

Anyways, with emule, queues are the most important thing, when you start a download, you added to as many queues as it can find but it wont go over your hard limit, which is max sources per files. So with your connection, click preferences, connection and change hard limit and max connections to about 1200 because your connection could handle it!

havanahec, sorry i cant really answer any question there im afraid!! I dont download tv series so i cant make any comment!

2. nik99

nik99 Regular member

dela.if u will id like to respond to havana because
    1-i do DL TV shows..
    2-Kinda dont wanna see this thread die..it gone on so long..and helpd so many..got attchcd to it..LOL

havana..they might be bad files ..caus ei also hav got them quite few times.off kazaa.i sometimes try to counter this by putting two sources of same file to DL(one avi and one MPG if poss)..being tv shows most of th efiles are real ..only diff is in qlty..

then i check preview in AVIprveiw..and dump the one which has dicey qlty..this technque has wrked for me..most cases..

and the mpgs are dierct burnable..atleast the ones iv com across..dela correct me if wroong..

3. Dela

lol, you dont need to ask me to answer somebody, if you know an answer by all means share it! :D

4. LIFE03

LIFE03 Member

I was just curious to know about the
    ----> VCDEasy <---- is that a good program to use? Or would it be best to use TMPGEnc and Nero to convert .AVI to .VCD??

5. nik99

nik99 Regular member

lol..dela,,that was meant 2 b sarcasm...wat with ur highest poster.. demi god status and alll..

anyway,,havana seems to have disappeard..

peace...

6. Dela

encode with tmpgenc and burn with vcdeasy

nik, lol man!

7. muses

muses Guest

Hi Dela,
    I have the ntdll.dll problem as well. Tmpgenc will not let me change the priority on DirectShow (or any other priorities). So what should I do?

8. nadsfoot

nadsfoot Member

just a quick question. Should my PS2 be able to read the vcd's created? It reads dvd's and cd-r's for music. If so Then I did something wrong in the above steps. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

9. havanahec

havanahec Member

nik99 i was gone for a little out of town.I would like to get more info from you if possible about my posts.I didn't quite understand your directions maybe if you can explain again.Thanks also for your response hope your still around.

10. Dela

muses, does it give an error message or anything??

nadsfoot, Ps2 dont read vcd's!

11. muses

muses Guest

I get a message error with ntdll.dll when I try to convert to mpeg, the same one which many have said can be solved by upping the priority of DirectShow.

However when I right click on the priority and select Priority Up or Up Priority or whatever it is, the number does not change.

Perhaps I need to find a new version of Tmpegenc.

12. muses

muses Guest

Ok I fixed the problem. Clicking on the number doesn't work but clicking on the name "Directshow.." actually does.

Duh. :p

Yay I can rip VCDs now.

13. Dela

lmao, i was wondering why the hell you couldnt raise the priority! lol

14. nik99

nik99 Regular member

havana..which part didnt u get?r u using kazaaa?

15. nadsfoot

nadsfoot Member

Hey Dela or anyone else that can help me out with this question. Should my PS2 be able to read the vcd's created? It reads dvd's and cd-r's for music. If so Then I did something wrong in the above steps. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2003
  16. havanahec

havanahec Member

I understand what your saying now nik99 and i do download stuff from kazaa.Thanks for your help!

17. nik99

nik99 Regular member

kewl then..
    that method works most of da time for me..
    have u tried the k-lite websites or fast track etc for direct DL.quality si quite good.

18. nadsfoot

nadsfoot Member

Ok I've noticed that on Tmpegnc some of my movies seem to be alot longer than they really are. But some are right on the money. Whats the deal with that anyone know. I'll give an example project wizard 4/5: movie info 352x240 29.97 fps / 44100 hz stereo / 274min 28sec. Now the real time is only 1:31:29. I just thought that was weird. Someone help me please.

19. Dela

first: ps2 doesnt play vcd

second: In TMPGEnc, click setting, click the advanced tab and look for the source range option, select it and double click source range, then click "move to start frame" and click "set start frame" click "move to end frame" and click " set end frame".

Now that should fix the length!

20. prada929

prada929 Guest

I just started using TMPGEnc and as i have heard is pretty reliable. my problem is that i have tried to encode a XVID movie (in highest quality) as an vcd and when it gets to 41% it says pointer error (something like that)I don't know if its because its an xvid proble or is it because i have it in a p2p shared folder (as said earlier in the forum.
    thnx in advance.