1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn avi to cd-r

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by rappa69, Oct 5, 2002.

1. TwangyGuy

TwangyGuy Member

Ok there is some thing i need to get and its called TMPGEnc. Where do i get it cause i am confused. again. Thanks again and i can bet who will anwser me lol.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

3. TwangyGuy

TwangyGuy Member

Thanks again dela you are alot of help and probaly will be again i bet. Thanks

4. Dela

lol, no problem :)

5. TwangyGuy

TwangyGuy Member

Hi dela this stuff i am reading is saying stuff about subtitles but the movie i have doesn't have subtitles in it so is it ok to still follow what i am reading and wil it work.

6. Dela

Ye just skip the subs parts! Anyway, with tmpgenc, there is a wizard when it starts up and it makes vcd/svcd very easily in a few steps!

7. TwangyGuy

TwangyGuy Member

funny i never got the wizard well atleast i don't think i did

8. TwangyGuy

TwangyGuy Member

Nevermind i see also can i convert morre than one file at once

9. Dela

I wouldn't recommend that you even try more than one file at once!! let your computer focus on one at a time. If you didnt get the wizard, click file - project wizard

10. TwangyGuy

TwangyGuy Member

OK now this will only convert right so how do i burn it onto a cd do i just select to burn a data cd and just put the vcd file on it and close the disk since i am using adapt east cd burner 3 i think. Thanks for the help

11. Dela

I would recommend you use nero. In nero, you will see options for making cd's so choose video cd! then drag the vcd file from the computer to the compilation window. Its very easy to do so no worries!

12. TwangyGuy

TwangyGuy Member

Thanks again and again and again. Theres just no limit to you knowledge i see. But i got another question with either the tmpgenc or nero can u burn dvd and get the same quality and the dvd will work on dvd players that do not have vcd capability

13. TwangyGuy

TwangyGuy Member

Dela every time i use tmpgenc it goes up to 13% and then it says its not responding why is that.

14. Dela

If it pauses at 13% everytime then it is the file you are trying to encode. For a divx file search for avifixed or divfixed and see if they can find and repair anything in the file!

Also as answers to your other questions, i do not know exactly what you are asking but if you mean copy a DVD to DVD then you need a dvd burner. The only other option is minidvd which allows just a few minutes of dvd on a 700mb disk so it isnt worth your while!

The best way to copy a dvd without a dvd burner is to copy it to SVCD with DVD2SVCD using CCE SP as the encoder. CCE SP is very expensive though but its very fast and the quality is amazing!

15. Phantom

Phantom Member

HEy Dela,

Listen I just needed to get some advice here on the TMPGEnc program. I uh basically have downloaded a movie from Kazaa and folowed your instructions to get TMPGEnc to change the file to MP3 format so I can then split the file in to with Virtual DUB and throw it on CDR format to play in my DVD player.

First question is am I on the right track with this and second question is every movie I have downloaded so far I can't get to work in the TMGEnc program. Yes I go in change all the settings as you stated on your previous forum and when I hit start I get a "can't load P3package.dll" message. I am hoping this is like a simple fix and you know I am doing wrong but obviously I haven't been able to go any further with my DVD plan until I figure this one out!

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2003
  16. Phantom

Phantom Member

Ohh yeah Let me copy one of the files I am trying to transfer.

C:\Program Files\Kazaa\My Shared Folder\(tmd)movie.avi

Just incase maybe there is something about the particular files I am downloading. Thanks again!

17. Dela

First of all, never open a file in TMPGEnc while its in a shared folder with a p2p app running!

Also, don't open TMPGEnc from a shortcut! open the .exe file in its folder!

Never post the name of the movie you are downloading because triplex for instance is copyrighted and so its piracy to download it and piracy posting is against the forum rules! In future just say tmd or whatever.

If this is a tmd (tmd suck by the way) then you probably have a file with absolutely horrible quality! If you tried to play this file and cant, get the tmd code http://www.tmdmoviez.com

If it still doesn't play its fake!

In future don't get anything like that from kazaa, keep kazaa for music, use something reliable like eMule, read up on eMule here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/20686

18. Phantom

Phantom Member

Okay, I went and downloaded eMule and followed your instructions to a T. I am hoping to download movies tonight onthere under the Bob or J Bob listing. Your instructions for eMule were great and I followed through on everthing in the six steps you presented.

Now I also made a new folder as you said and placed all my movie documents in there. I went back opened TMPGEnc from direct source and followed your directions on this forum for that and still getting the same P3package deal as I said before. The thing is these movies are playing just fine in Real Player and even in teh KaZa theater. You are right about the quality of those TMD files, I will get rid of those movies but all the movies I have are giving the same message leading me to think I am just doing something completely wrong.

I have the Free Version of TMPGEnc so I don't know if that might be a problem.

I use the tutorial every time. Still stuck...:(

19. Dela

If it keeps asking you for the p3package.dll then there is definetly something wrong. And you ran tmpgenc from the .exe??????? hmm thats odd and annoying!!

20. TwangyGuy

TwangyGuy Member

Hey Dela it me. And i just like to say thanks for your help again as it really helped me out to understand all this stuff ^^