1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn avi to cd-r

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by rappa69, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Phantom

Phantom Member

Hey Dela,

Listen I downloaded copy of TMpgenc and it seems to be working. It took three or four downloads to get one that is working. The movie I have now is going through the process really slow. I think it is at three percent in the last five minutes. Hopeing I'm doing this right, we shall see tomorrow.

The eMule is just not working. basically I got on tonight picked file to download from e bob or whatever channel and hit download. Went to the transfer section and the file looked red for a few seconds then it went to light blue and then to dark blue but nothing was transfering. I don't know..

Everything looks right I just don't know why nothing is downloading...

2. Phantom

Phantom Member

Okay, Here we go. The emule is working it just takes apparently a while for connection and downloading to begin. I have cable modem so once it begins I can get movie in about three hours. So that's kewl. The thing I don't understand is why it takes so long to connect.Maybe this is normal. Kazaa would connect within a few seconds. Maybe by having Kazaa open the same time emule is open is where my problem is. Once the remaining movies finish downloading in Kazaa I will try using emule alone and see if that helps.

Second issue that am still working on is with this nero burning program. It came with my computer and the program seems to work fine with CDs but when I follow your instructions and go to the VCD burning section the progam has no problem letting me take my new MPEG file that TMPGEnc completed for me and copy it over to the burning area but when I click burn then it treats it like an image file and asks me what file I want to burn it in. Very frustrating because when I click my CD drive it goes over and starts a burning process. The thing is my CD burner drive just sits there and does nothing while it is supposedly burning it. of course once it is finished nothing was burned.

I went to recorder a few doors down next to file and clicked choose recorder. There is only one thing listed and that is image recorder. That seems to be what it is set on.

I can smell victory with this but no go. Nero says my file is in MPG 1 format so I think TMPGEnc did its job. My gut feeling is that nero is the problem. I have the 5.5.7 whatever version so it should be the latest.

I don't know why nothing has gone right with this situation. really blows me away but at least progress there.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

OK, lets work on nero! Now I have a newer version of nero so a few things could be different! Click Recorder and click choose recorder! Make sure that its not the image recorder selected, make sure its the burner!

Now when you start a new vcd, click file and click compilation info! Click the burn tab, make sure that simulation is NOT selected! Then click ok. Click File - Write CD and burn and see if it works this time!

4. Phantom

Phantom Member

Alrighty, Success... I found a newer version of nero and that was all I needed. I guess there must have been a plug in for the old version or something.

I really appreciate you walking me through all this. Your good you, yeah you, your good.

Emule is the only real disappointment. I don't konw why it downloads so slow. Probably with practice I will find out that channels are so and some are fast and I just have to keep looking till I can find one that works.

Thanks again my first movies came out great!

5. Dela

On eMule are you using sharereactor to find good downloads or are you getting them off irc or just searching for stuff??

6. Phantom

Phantom Member

Well I started by going to the Ebob channel as you said and then punched in what I was trying to download.

When it came up I double clicked and downloaded. I downloaded a lot. But you really I am in this more for the movies. My brother is in the Honduras doing missions community work on the island and he has DVD player so I was going to send him copies of some of the latest movies. I don't have a DVD burner but I do have a CD burner. So this downloading stuff seemed like a good option to get and mail to him.

But Kazaa seems to have several items of that nature but emule finding movies and even downloading them has been a hassle so far. Just really slow and the end result leaves me with audio and no sound.

There has to be some place where I can get everything and download with descent quality between that of VHS tape and DVD.

Several of the items I have downloaded at Kazaa have really come with great quality but I have to throw out a lot junk downloads too but at least I am getting something. With emule nothing thus far. I'm sure it has something to do with being a newbie.

But man with your help I have really made so much progress and I do appreciate your insite.

7. Dela

You're not using eMule the way it is intended to be used, let me explain

eMule can open ed2k links which means people can put ed2k links to files on eMule on their Web Pages! When you click them eMule opens and downloads the files!

I told you to read a tutorial I wrote so that you can understand how is supposed to be used but you must have overlooked it. Its right here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/20686

Its very easy to use once you get used to it so read that tutorial and watch kazaa disappear off your most used programs list (if you're using xp).

8. Phantom

Phantom Member

Hey Dela,

I didn't mean to insult you instructions. I did read your tutorial that's all kewl I went to share reactor and the other one but I just wasn't finding some of the most recently released movies. Just movies in 2002 mostly. So I went to Ebob like you said and found newer stuff but it just wasn't looking good once I downloaded it. But I will use emule though for 2002 movies and just try and check back and forth to see other spots.

I just don't know why my transfer rates are like 4 and 7 on ocasional 25MB/sec. I was getting 130 and 90 MB on Kazzaa. Probably nothing can be done about that cause it is more of a server deal with the number of peoples downloading at one time.

Fun Fun Fun!

9. Phantom

Phantom Member

Hey Dela I went to Share Reactor and downloaded a file but I'm not getting sound just great video though. Any thoughts is it the file or a setting that has to be changed on my computer?

10. kerry077

kerry077 Member

I've followed all the steps that are listed at the top and everything was going great until I came to the point where TMPGEnc was meant to start encoding - I get the message 'Can't load P3Package.dll' Can anyone help me out on how to solve this?

Thanks

11. kerry077

kerry077 Member

I read some of the messages above about how to solve that problem but it hasn't worked....can anyone suggest anything different?

12. Phantom

Phantom Member

To Kerry 077

I had the same problem with the Can't read P3 Package deal and basically has to do with your program. I am guessing you downloaded the TMPGEnc program which probably means the file is partly falty or maybe you are not opening it from the exe. orgin. It could also mean the file you are trying to open are from shared folders file like those you see with Kazaa and emule. You need to create a new folder for all your movie files and place them there. That way it separtes the movies from your download programs like Kazaa and Emule.

Dela and I chatted on this until I got it corrected.

The information is listed in the above chats of this same page.

13. Dela

Phantom, the newest of material wouldnt be on the sharereactor main pages, but they would be on sharereactor, you looked but did not see. Anyone can post an ed2k link therefore, go to the sharereactor forum. http://forum.sharereactor.com

Check out the Screeners forum just to learn what i mean. You might be wondering exactly what all the extra words after titles are, well they would be the groups who made this release and what type of release it is, such as CAM (recorded in a cinema) TS (TeleSync, recorded in a cinema with audio from another source) DVDSCR (DVD SCRENNER, the movie ripped from a dvd that may be used for awards purposes etc etc..). The quality can change so there is a website that allows you to check, http://www.vcdquality.com

also if you're looking for a movie on the net and its not there, then its not on the net simple as that. I'm gonna have to let you work the rest out for yourself Im afraid because this forum is sceptical about such issues as downloading movies. Make sure you are not downloading pirated material because in most countrys its illegal!

14. CrumFarm

CrumFarm Member

Great info in this thread. As for your "can't load P3package.dll" message, I'd like to echo that it's always gone away from me if TMPGEnc is run from the source folder (as opposed to a shortcut to it).

NEW QUESTION (for me):
    I've found my first success burning a downloaded movie onto VCD.
    HOWEVER, I can't get it to do jack with SVCD. Are there some adjustments that need to be made in the decoding/transcoding/burning process that are fundamentally different from burning a VCD?

15. Dela

What are using to burn?? And what exactly are you doing with that program to burn svcd?

16. CrumFarm

CrumFarm Member

Using TMPGEnc to convert to SVCD.

Using MyDVD to burn (this program, though much bashed in this forum, has worked fine for me in all other formats).

Once I convert to SVCD and upload the converted movie onto MyDVD, it immediately shows itself ready to be burned. The funny part is that the burning process may take like 30 or 40 minutes to go through, but the end result is that I have a SVCD that only displays the Initial Introduction Page of the Movie (where I can title it whatever I want & have a picture icon in the middle).

Once I hit 'play' on my newly-burned SVCD, it plays about 3 seconds this static intro-page. There is no touring, fast-forwarding, or playing of any other part of the movie. It's like it just burned the wrapper but not the present within.

Again, VCD works fine but is of moderately unimpressive quality.

17. Dela

Did try using all the buttons?? such as pressing 1 and play 2 and play etc etc???

18. CrumFarm

CrumFarm Member

hmm...I sure thought I did. So, in other words, I should be able to burn an SVCD as easily as a VCD, right? If so, I'll try it again...perhaps with different software...& play around with it more. It's just rather curious that they didn't both work in the same way.

19. Phantom

Phantom Member

Hey Dela

Give you a little update here. The last couple of days I have been trying to get stuff going here and have gone to the website http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/111846.php

Which has been really good for the AVI to SVCD. Using AVI2svcd program. Leebear rocks on that one.

I have run into a particular movie that has great video and sound when I play in zoom player but when I go to Virtual dub, split the movie and then try to save it, I get the below message. Message I get:

The requested audio compression is not compatible with the input format. check that the sampling rate and channel count of the input match those of the requested format.

Also in virtual dub and Real player I only get video and no audio. Of course everything is set right like Leebear wrote in the above website. I clicked Direct Stream under video and full processing under audio.

I think I might be missing a codec. I read one of your forums where you advised two codecs. It was on a slightly different topic but I went ahead and tried to click on the website with the codecs and there were several things listed there to download that could have been the codec you suggested?

So here is my first question. Is this a codec problem, and if yes, can you walk me through not just the website to download from but the particular key codec. Sometimes these websites have litsted codec for windows 4x, codec for apple, codec for extra.... I know it sounds too simplistic but I just need you to say go here and click on the bla bla bla icon that says this.

Second question is if this is not a codec problem with virtual dub then what is it?

Thanks so much

20. Dela

I dont believe its a cedec problem, i would think that it is actually not compatible with the input format but of course it will still play. Let me ask you, what is it you are trying to do, are you trying to just split the file or decompress the audio or what?