1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn avi to cd-r

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by rappa69, Oct 5, 2002.

1. maeanneh

maeanneh Member

I have another question, I can play the downloaded avi file in DivX and winamp, however, when I try to convert the file in TMPGEnc, it doesn not show anything[all I get is black screen with lines]. Why is that?? does it mean the video is fake??

Is there a way I can make the video quality good?

2. OlieBear

OlieBear Guest

Just wanted to make a quick comment. I see a lot of questions and answers having to do with getting fake files from kazaa. I have tried kazaa and also limewire and had lots of the same problem. I am now using a program called ares which you can get at www.ares.com and have had almost no problems. The downloads are faster and more reliable than either of the other programs and I have had only one fake file out of all I have downloaded so far. Good luck!

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

4. Sextacy

Sextacy Member

if youve got nero burning rom, which is an excellent burning app. its quite simple, when the windows comes up asking you what you would like to burn, just go down to vcd and add the .avi but it cant be over about 250mb because it has to be converted to vcd format ect, then just click burn.. but it usualy takes a while to encode, so dont be surprised when your vcd is finished after 3 hours

5. nik99

nik99 Regular member

dela..tried gspot likeu recomm ,but not much help frankly,,for most of my files,,both audio and video codec it showed no answers only wud provid einfo on direct show...
    also one file which was showing exteremly dotted ..i used tmpenc and encoded it anyway using highes qlyty..voila it turned out celan almost like dvd print

6. Dela

Sextacy, Nero shouldnt be used to encode!! it gives too much trouble, should only be used for burning!

7. snic2

snic2 Guest

What if you purchase the SVCD plugin for NERO.
    Do I sstill need tmpgenc or can NERO then Encode and then burn??
    Steve

8. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

what dela said..

9. nik99

nik99 Regular member

sextacy..trst me..they r right..even i used to encode thru nero,cause it was a one clik operation..but man the results are awesome with tmpenc-based on dela's recomm.
    i now want to re encode all my movies

my query-i have vcd's which have the huge black border on bothe sides.can i use the dat file in them ..re encode it thru tmpenc and make the pic full screen.pl let me know

10. Dela

Indeed you can, get VCDEasy. Click tools and click the mpeg tools button. at the end is a small program called cdxa2mpeg, basically converts a dat file to a true mpeg file that you can now run through TMPGEnc!

11. nik99

nik99 Regular member

het tks dela..i was dreading Dling again.
    but tell me..is it gonna take another 8-10 to convert dat into mpg,,then agian 8-10 hrs in tmpenc?

12. Dela

Well ye it will take its time unfortunately!!

13. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

.dat file for VCD/SVCD are mpeg, just rename the extension from .DAT to .MPG.. you'll see.

also, if you have a .DAT movie file from a VCD/SVCD, why on earth would you want to re-encode with TMPGenc? You should only re-encode DVD's or .AVI's, but why re-encode MPEG?

14. redw0lf

redw0lf Member

Help : I tried to convert a dvl dvd screener to mpg but the sound is absent. When i play it the video is fine but there is no sound

15. nik99

nik99 Regular member

VcdJ and james dude...well ..,,let me explain ..ihad made some movies using nero(encoding also) fm avi files(till dela recomm tmpenc)now nero doesnt take care of the huge balck borders in th efilm while tmp does..and also since id no space iv deleted all the orginal avi files after conversion..
    now i dont wanna go mthtru the pain of DLing them again.
    so just wanted to know if i cud reconvert fm the DAt.
    pl tell me which of the two shd i fllow -Vcd easy or renaming..

16. Dela

VCD, actually you cant just rename the .dat to .mpg, you have to convert it to a true mpeg file first. This is done with CDXA2MPEG which is built into VCDEasy!

redw0lf, Get VirtualDUB from the software section of this site.

1. open the avi file in it.
    2. click video - direct stream copy
    3. click audio - full processing mode
    4. click audio - compression
    5. select no compression pcm and click ok.
    6. click file - save avi

Now try and encode it and the sound should be fine on the mpg!!

Nik99, There actually wouldnt be much you could do to fix that, especially with TMPGEnc. Just never use Nero to encode anything in future because its full of stupid bugs like that!!

17. redw0lf

redw0lf Member

When i do all of that it says
    "No audio decompressor could be found to decompresss the source audio format"

18. nik99

nik99 Regular member

tks ,dela...wil try it out and let ya know if any probs...

19. saviour

saviour Member

Is the quality VERY bad, if I convert with lowest quality with TMPGenc? I need the movie tomorrow, and it is on twice 700 MB. Does that then mean, if I want to burn it on CD-R, that i need 4 discs?
    I also get the error similar to "Read error occurred at address 00402f3c of module 'TMPGenc.exe' with 6A4E61D3", already at 12% with first part and at 3% with second part of the movie. I have the newest version of TPMGenc, if 2.510.49.157 is the newest.

The "Read Error" has been handled with, but there is still not enough time to encode the second part until tomorrow, first part is now at 50 % :(. So, could you please tell me if I can show the movie in front of a my class, so they look at it as a normal quality film :).

Last edited: Apr 7, 2003
  20. saviour

saviour Member

Yeeehaaaw, and now after 4 hours encoding there is no sound. I know i know. Error occured before, but how can i actually fix the problem without re-encoding the darn .avi-file?