1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn bin files to cd

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by coolbrz, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolbrz

coolbrz Member

how do i burn bin files to cd? I downloaded a game and it was a bin file. I have nero.
    HELP!!!! This is driving me crazy!!!

2. bare490

bare490 Member

Hey First of all you need a cue file too.
    you want to cancel the wizard and goto File then goto Burn Image. Goto the directory where the bin and cue files are. it will burn them for you.

3. coolbrz

coolbrz Member

i dont see any cue files? Where are they? How do I get one? When I open the burn image in nero it doesnt show my file in the folder that it is in. On file type it is set to image files amd has nrg,iso and cue showing but not the bin file.

Last edited: May 14, 2003
  4. Stewie

Stewie Member

You don't really need the cue file.. so long as you have the .bin file, you should be fine.. Open nero.. go to FILE ---> Burn image.. it should open a window where you will need to browse through your files to get to the directory that has the .bin file in it.. make sure you have selected "(*.*)all files" from the 'file type' pull down menu at the bottom of the window or you won't be able to see your .bin file, much less select it... it also might ask you to set the block size to 2352 just before you burn it.. don't worry, bero's pretty idiot proof, it should burn okay.. in some instances, after it has burned, there will be a small error note that says "burn process failed"... don't worry, you should stil have a working cd

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

If i'm not totally mistaken, there are (at least) some image files that have a block size of 2048 but i do agree, for most of the stuff you will encounter 2352 is a safe bet

6. Farshad

Farshad Guest

Hi! i really need ur help guys. i downloaded Fifa 2003 from KaZaA. it comes with two .bin files--> fifa 2003 CD1 and CD2. I was able to burn cd 1 which is 538 MB to cd but i cant burn the second cd that is 704 MB to cd. Actually i could burn it with Nero but when i try to use it it gives me errors. i need ur help please. its making me crazy. i messed up 2 cds. can u guys help me please?

7. coolbrz

coolbrz Member

Hey farshad..i know how to do this now...download the bin file then you need to get a program called WinISO, you can download it off of kazaa. Then all you need to do is convert the bin file to a ISO file then burn the iso to a cd. BAM! You have it! You might need to get a no cd crack for some games.

I almost forgot, use cdrwin5 to burn the iso and make sure the block is set at 2352 with the raw box checked!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2003
  8. Praetor

Why would you have to convert it to ISO?
    Farshad: what speed are you burning it at? Try burning it slower! 704MB is no big deal!

9. Farshad

Farshad Guest

i'm burning it a the speed of X44 with Nero.
    i could burn the file but i have problem openning the cd. it gives me error that is about the cd is corrupt or its not useable for windows.

10. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

hey here's an idea - go buy the game!!! You cannot discuss downloading games here, this is piracy and not allowed.

11. longjonsi

longjonsi Member

not all games r copyrighted

12. Stewie

Stewie Member

well, the thing is, we're not really talking about copying software, we're talking about burning ISO's... if one of those ISO's happens to be a copywrited software, then oh well... and in response to your suggestion... I would buy the software, but that would mean I would have to get a job, but I'm too lazy to do that... so OH WELL, guess I'll just have to steal it... ;-D

13. Praetor

*shock* That attitude isnt appreciated.

BTW, Farshad: you are burning too fast. Slow 'er down to 8x_X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB[/small]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2003
  14. darthnip

well the last time i checked - FIFA2003 WAS copywritted.
    stewie - oh well, guess you'll get banned from this forum

15. Stewie

Stewie Member

Darnthnip- we've all copied games and software at one point or another, what do think the point of this forum is for!? making ISO's for AOL coasters? and you seem to know enough about this, to have done it yourself.. so don't start acting like you're above everyone else. occationaly, if the game or software title is good enough ,i actually go out and buy it, but for the most part they aren't, or they're total rip offs, in which case i get rid of them.

16. darthnip

Stewie - what I do does not concern you at all. Sure i can do it, but I dont. I also got the power to rob a bank or overthrow a small government, but i dont. but that is not the point. the point is the site has rules, and the rules will be followed or the violators will be banned. plain and simple. I'm not acting like i'm above anyone, but i do follow the rules of this forum, and so will you. This forum is here for people to make legit backups of their games, we do not condone the discussion of piracy here.

17. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Stewie: Consider this as a warning and take an advice from darthnip's words. We have rules and we expect everybody to accept and follow the rules -- this is our site and if we decide that we require everybody to write all the sentences backwards, that's our decision and ours only.

18. Stewie

Stewie Member

Darthnip, Quote - "when you unpack craxtion, it should be like the 8th one down (including the 3 folders) it's call ISOCraxtion.exe and it's 256kb."

yet you aid other people with programs like Craxtion which is used solely used for making XBOX ISO's which are ALWAYS copywrighted...

19. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Making backups of stuff that you own is perfectly legal in most Western countries and that's what the site focuses on.

And to clarify, darthnip is not in "we", as he doesn't have any relationship with AfterDawn Ltd whatsoever other than being a user of our site.

And you can accuse us for hypocrisy, but then again, that's youw opinion and you're perfectly entitled to that one. We don't try to force people to think like we do, we simply want people to follow the rules. Rules are there for purpose. If I visit your home and you don't want people to take a dump on your living room floor and you specifically mention about the fact that you don't wish people to do that -- what you think if I unzip the pants and do my things on the floor anyway?

I hope this clarified the issue a bit.

20. Stewie

Stewie Member

I don't really care what you do.. just don't be hypocrites about it like darknip, I would think it annoys most people and wastes there time. AND! nowhere in this thread did I give any specifics about copying ANY COPYWRITED software or there titles, I gave my opinion on it, and as you so eloquently put it.. "...i'm perfectly entitled to it"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.