1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn dled movies on cd-r`?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by ladybad1, Dec 30, 2003.

1. ladybad1

ladybad1 Guest

How do I burn dled movies to a cd-r? What program do I need to use so that they will fit?. I have mostly AVI files. I have looked at many programs that do this and do that. I have Nero 6. All I want to do is put some movies I have on my hard drive to CD-R so I can watch them in my DVD player instead of on the computer.
    Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2003
  2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What you want to make is a VCD!! You can do this in Nero 6 by useing the Video-CD Option it is simple, so simple that it is literally easier than Tyeing your Shoes ....You should try that First but I warn you that the Quality will be Crap but some poeple don"t even notice....cheers

3. ladybad1

ladybad1 Guest

Yea I have tried that several times and when it is done encoding and goes to burn the cd, it says not enough space.
    Is there a way to make really good copies?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well it says there is Not enough space because Most Movies will have to go on 2 Seperate CD-R"s so you have to Split the AVI files in Half before Burning to CD-R...You can use this Program to Cut the Files in Half :
    http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/stable/VirtualDub-MPEG2.zip
    To make Higher Quality VCD"s you will Have to use a High Quality Mpeg encoder Like Tmpgenc to Make your Mpeg1/VCD files that you can then Burn with nero..You can get Tmpgenc at "http://www.tmpgenc.net"...(Do not download Tmpgenc DVD author)...Cheers

5. ladybad1

ladybad1 Guest

Ok i dled the VirtualDub program and checked it out and I have no clue what to do. How do I split the movie so I can burn it on CDR