1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Burn HDTV /HDCP -PFa files

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by marburg1, Apr 12, 2011.

1. marburg1

marburg1 Member

As a novice I am seeking to download a torrent movie 3 Acts of Murder which is
    described as a DVDRip.Xvid-PFa file, which includes many 'rar' files

I assume it's from a HD TV source encoded in Xvid for sharing/downloading.
    Further I understand that HDTV files have a resolution problem if burned for
    older dvd players.

I use an older PC running Win XP

1. What are HDCP and -PFa files ?
    2. I assume they need to be converted .. but how, I normally use Nero7 for burning plus
    others and am unaware if Nero will burn these files.

I'd appreciate any help you can offer as this TV Movie/part documentary is exceptional and want to share it with family and friends

Regards
    Marburg

2. attar

attar Senior member

Literally, a DVD Rip is a DVD that has been ripped from the original disk by the likes of DVDFab HD Decrypter and the files saved to the HDD in a folder or as a disk image.

XviD (I assume) is the format that it has been converted to.

PFa is probably the person or group that uploaded it.

A standalone DVD player can play DVD movies up to a maximum resolution of 720x576.
    If the standalone is DivX certified (to play AVI files compressed as DivX or XviD) the same applies.

Nero can convert AVI files (DivX or XviD) to DVD format if required and burn the disk.
    If the standalone is DivX certified, it (or any decent burning program) can burn the files as a data disk to CD or DVD.

High definition files (more than 720x576) won't play on a standalone DVD player - but I don't think it's relevant in the case cited.

3. marburg1

marburg1 Member

4. marburg1

marburg1 Member

thanks Attar

Burned beautifully, concerned as I had not seen this type of extention before, again many thanks

Regards...........marburg