1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn IFO/BUP/VOB files with Sonic MyDVD???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GrayArea, Dec 21, 2004.

1. GrayArea

GrayArea Member

How do I (or is there a way to) burn ifo/bup/vob DVD files created by reauthoring with DVD-Shrink using Sonic MyDVD? Sonic wants to create a DVD "project" with menus and all that crap. I just want a simple profile DVD that plays when you put it into a DVD player. No menus, no nothing except the movie. Will this Sonic bloatware do this? Normaly I use Nero (works great!) but I'm at a place that only has Sonic. Help please?

P.S. Am I making this more complicated than it is? Can I Just burn a data format DVD using the proper VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS folders that Shrink created and end up with a DVD that will work in (most) stand alone players? Sigh... this is all so easy with Nero.

2. GrayArea

GrayArea Member

Okay, just in case some other noob is trying to figure this out.... I went ahead and burned a data DVD of the VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folders that DVDshrink created. It works in the DVD player! Well push me over with a feather. So the way I figure it, as long as the folder (VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS) and file structure (ifo, bup, & vob) are correct (and will fit on the disc...), a data DVD-R IS a DVD playable in a stand alone player, at least the players that I have tried. Just my 2 cents.

3. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Correct.

It is the folder names that are important. And of course the contents of the folders. :)

See the guide here http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-udf-iso.php for using UDF mode in Nero for a 'more compatible' DVD.

Adder.