1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn image files onto a DVD, not a CD

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Oz12, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Oz12

Oz12 Member

I'm sure this has been answered before so apologies but I would appreciate a step by step guide because I'm a bit slow.....
    OK, the CD's I have are only 700mb and even if I allow overburning using Nero, the file/s are sometimes too big for the CD. Therefore to watch movies on my DVD player, I need to be able burns these to a larger size DVD format. Can anyone please assist with some instructions? Many thanks in advance.

2. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Hi,

You could use NeroBurning Rom or NeroVision, depending on the video file format.

And if they are downloaded video files, you'll be needing nerovison.

what nero version are you using and what type of video files?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  3. Oz12

Oz12 Member

Hi Guyy,

Thanks for response. I tried Nero burning rom and it doesn't work. The files are are bin and cue files (XviD). I've even tried this a couple of times with Nero Vision but the file is 814mb and the cd is only 700mb. Sometimes I've actually, via nero burning rom, burnt both the image and cue files to a DVD and it has worked but this is a random event and doesn't work all the time. I am trying to make sure that i can successfully burn these cue/bin files to dvd each time successfully if possible. I feel it's a bit of a hit and miss affairs sometimes.

4. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

5. rosiesdad

rosiesdad Member

Well I have come to the very disappointing realization that it is indeed impossible to burn BIN files to play in my home DVD player using Nero 7 Ultra! Unfortunately,it seems that more and more people in the bit torrent sites that I visit are going to that format. I have read articles and followed detailed instructions from many well informed people in what seems to be endless web sites and forums. It just can't be done! I have also tried other well known software such as DVDDecryptor,VCDGear,AnyDVD,only to mention a few in conjunction with Nero and I am convinced it can't be done. Well back to the drawing board.