1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Burn MP3s with Nero and Arrange the Songs

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Digibop, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Digibop

Digibop Member

Hello Room,

I can't figure out how to burn MP3s with Nero Burning Rom 6 and put them in the order I want.

In fact, I can't even find MP3 burning in Nero, I had to swith to Nero Express to find it.

Unfortunately, when you put the songs in, it arranges them by: alphabetical order, date, type, size, etc.

I would like to put them in the order I want, but you can't drag and move them once they are in the window.

It does not show any track numbers like burning an Audio CD has.

Anyone have any ideas on how to burn MP3s with Nero and have them in the order you want.

It would seem that powerful Nero could at least do this little trick.

Thanks in Advance

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Go to Nero Start Smart --Select CD -- then move to AUDIO -- Make Audio CD -- A new window will pop up called AUDIO 1 - Nero Burning ROM

at the bottom on Left select the folder where your music is -- and all the tunes will show up on the Right side of it !

Take the tunes you want and slide them up to the top portion -- Nero will analyse them and accept them for burning.

Once you have them there -- YOU can click --hold any of them and move them up or down to the order you want.

Once you satisfy and you have enough to fill that Cd -- click the BURN button -- You done.

3. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Digibop,

Jeanc1's eplananation is accurate for creating an Audio CD. But I assume you want to create an MP3 audio CD, correct?

An MP3 audio CD is really just a Data CD. In Nero Express, we have an option for this so that your average user, or beginer does not need to know this. But the Nero Burning ROM interface is for the more advanced user, who would normally know that an MP3 audio CD is just a Data CD, and would select the "CDROM(ISO)" option for creating an MP3 auido CD.

Now the issue of placing the audio files in the order you desire is a problem when creating an MP3 audio CD. The standard for creating data CD's forces all data to be written in Alphabetical order, and this forces all the MP3 files to be loaded in alphabetical order as an MP3 audio CD is just a data CD. The only work around it to rename the files with somehthing like 01_NotYourBabyTonight, 02_AndNowYourKnow, etc.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Ooooops .. sorry I missed that in the original post !!

Thanks Craig for picking it up ! ~~runs to the corner and waits to come out ~~ Smiles !

Regards

5. Digibop

Digibop Member

Thanks ccampbell and Jeanc1,

Yes, I already burned audio CDs, it was the MP3s that were driving me nuts.

I just wonder why Nero being so popular and powerful makes you rename the files and can't just let you arrange the songs in the way you want. Maybe they will in the future.

I normally use MusicMatch Jukebox and it DOES allow you to arrange your MP3s any way you want.
    Unfortunately the last time I tried using it, some of my songs did not copy correctly.

That is why I tried Nero.

Again Thanks for the help.

I am off to go rename my songs now.

PS - Jeanc1, Come out of the corner now, it's a great day to do some burning!

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Digibop !!

Thank you ---- gawd I was lonely there !! Hehehehehe!

Have a great day!

7. Digibop

Digibop Member

I'm Back,

Update - MusicMatch Jukebox also puts them in alpha order. But the numbering system 01Johnny Cash, 02Hank Williams, etc. worked fine. Thanks Craig

I do have a problem when I used Nero though, it said the disc was completed successfully, but my player would not play them.

When I looked at the files they had funny icons and when I clicked on any of them it asked what do I want to use to open it with.

What am I doing wrong?

Steve

8. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Funny icons?

Do the files still have the .MP3 extension?

If you have our Nero retail software, see if NeroMix will play them.

They would not be modified if you use the MP3 option in Nero Express to burn them, or if you selected CDROM(ISO)to burn them to disc.

Could be a program took control of the file. Try right clicking on a file and choose Open With and select NeroMix or Windows Media Player.

Regards,

Craig

9. Digibop

Digibop Member

Craig,

I tried to play it with NeroMix, Windows Media Player, Winamp, MusicMatch, and a few other programs.

They say, "File Extension Not Recognized"

When I right click the icon and view the properties next to File is the word File (Should say MP3), but it just says file.

The song seems to be the right size in MB, but it just doesn't work.

Is there a setting or something that I did not check or uncheck?

I have burned a lot of coasters and still nothing.

Steve

10. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Can I See the log file from the write attempt?

If you did not save the log file after the write, you can go to the Nero folder and look for the file called NeroHistory.log this contains the last few writes you did with our software.

If you copy just one of the files from the CD back to your hard Drive, and then try and rename with a .MP3 extension, are you then able to play it?

Are you even able to copy it back to your hard drive?

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Sofware
    USA

11. Digibop

Digibop Member

Craig,

The history said no preview available.

I did drag a song from the disc to the desktop and renamed it by giving it a .MP3 extension.

It did work, the icon changed to the music player I am using and it played just fine.

Is there a way to convert the songs that are on the disc also?

12. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hmm, so you obviously did create a Data CD, otherwise renaming the extentions to .MP3 would not have worked.

So the question is why did the files get renamed.

When you created the Data CD, did you have Joliet file structure enabled?

And did you enable the feature to allow more than 255 characters for the Path?

If you had selected ISO9660, and the files name was larger than 8 characters, it would be renamed. Though it should have kept the extension and renamed the filename only.

DO you have any CD-RW media you can test with, and try the same operation and see if it occurs again?

As for the CD you created. Once it's written you can not make changes to the data contained on the CD.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA