1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn multiple avi files to a watchable dvd

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by djblu3, Dec 9, 2004.

1. djblu3

djblu3 Member

i have a series of episodes that i want to burn onto a dvd so that i can watch it on dvd player. also i want to have some sort of menu were i can choose which episode i want to watch. does anyone have a guide for this?

2. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

If yah got a decent computer p4 with 512 ddr ram, you could just use Nero 6, thatll do it all for yah, pretty darn easily.

3. djblu3

djblu3 Member

well i have an athlon 3000+ 64 bit. it probabally is good enough but im looking for a guide because i dont even know were to start.

4. glenpinn

glenpinn Guest

hi djblu3.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2004
  5. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

OI! Dont be dissin my shit homey, i only said for him to use Nero is because from his message he just wants to watch episodes on his dvd player basic and quick, and nero 6 would do this relatively quicker than your way on his setup :p. oh and give VSO DIVXtoDVD ago if your episodes are avi, just make sure you join them together first with a avi joiner program. Easily found by searching the web, both programs!

6. glenpinn

glenpinn Guest

Dude

7. knugen

knugen Member

I need to do this aswell.
    I have several DivX files, around 350 mb size each. They are around 40 min. each.

Info on the files:
    Checking the summary of the files, I get this:
    624x352 pixels (varies a bit from file to file), 23 fps.

I want to burn these to DVD, with menu for selecting what file/episode to watch. I live in Europe, and probably need PAL enconding ?

And also, how many DVDs do I need for this ? I have 11 files.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  8. djblu3

djblu3 Member

Ok i have a series of anime avi files. 100 Files total. I want each dvd to hold 10 episodes and be able to watched on any dvd player. When watching the dvd i want to be able to choose which episode out of the 10 i want to watch.

9. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

yo yo yo Glen, its all good my brother just trying to keep da peace, anyways buddy, the way you do your shit is pretty much the same way i do it, so ill admit ur way is great. And i was meaning Nero Vision 3 to be precise, which a few users on this forum say its great stuff

PS
    Id watch what you say around here, he was once the Emperor of Rome and wasnt a very nice person!!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  10. glenpinn

glenpinn Guest

hi there.

11. Nickdan

Nickdan Member

Before throwing a blanket statement regarding Nero, exactly what version are you referring to when you say Rubbish...
    1. If DVDR5 to DVDR5
    then Nero Express v6.6.0.3b does the job, it's EXTREMELY easy and I do not notice any image/audio quality issues.
    2. IF DVDR9 to DVDR5
    then Nero Recode v2.2.6.1 also does the job, also very easy and pretty fast w/o too much video/audio loss.
    3. Everything else is open season; avi, mpeg4, DivX, Xvid, mp4 (Nero's own variant mpeg4)
    BUT something as simple as adding a few Titles/Menus to pre-existing files, then NeroVision Express 3.0.1.14 will do it & burn it One-stop-shopping... Also automatic creation of menu on disc and chapters automatically (if none defined). and finally it lets examine the results before burning it with a onscreen remote control (Play, stop, Prev, next, Title, menu, up, down, left, right)...

Final note: K.I.S.S is almost always the solution

12. glenpinn

glenpinn Guest

hi nickdan.

13. Nickdan

Nickdan Member

glenpinn, I hear you and pretty much agree. I'm not a bagger, so in general try not to label people too quickly.

As for answering the original question: basically the man has DivX files about 3.9GB (eleven 350MB files) and presumably wants to watch them on a TV (PAL) from a regular DVD player. Then again maybe the man actually took out his credit card and bought a DVD player capable of DivX playback. So the questions begs what version were those encoded 3.8GB files, 3/4/5x??? version 5.2.1 would be nice….
    So now tackle the 624x352 with 23 fps… .
    Is this really the highest quality video source for sitting in front of a TV for almost 11 hours?
    And by quality do you mean low distortion, perhaps even lossless.
    And what aspect ratio does he normally watch TV?
    But wait did anyone take the time to read “does anyone have a guide for this?”… .and look next to his name and see the word newbie…….

Then man #2 jumps in on the post with 100 Anime AVI files to burn on 10 DVD’s that will play in any DVD player (and don’t forget a menu to include). How long will it take to author and burn those 10 DVDs!!! And no mention of pixels nor frame rate, but who cares about that “stuff” with respect to Video Quality…

Hell maybe these guys should invest in a stand-alone Digital Media Player ($135 Dlink DSM320) and use Component Video & Optical Digital Audio instead of presumable standard RCA (audio&video) jacks on the back of their older DVD player…
    Then finally just sit back with the shiny new green-button remote and actually enjoy watching a decent movie with a bag of popcorn for a few hours instead of spending countless hours becoming your so called “expert” on software with authoring and burning only to realize in 6-8 months that whatever codec he used is now outdated and considered crap by those same experts…

Just a thought… but then again World Peace is just a thought too…

14. glenpinn

glenpinn Guest

hi guys.

15. Nickdan

Nickdan Member

>>>well im giving up giving advice in here
    Don't give up that easy. A few negative/tough posts should not be enough to give up.

You could tone down on those attack words "crap" & "thrown in the thrash"... Come on seriously does Nero6 really deserve to be thrown away like spoiled milk or rotten eggs or a useless xmas gift???
    or maybe Nero6 is a good start for alot of people, but yes definetly inform folks it is NOT the finish line.

[bold]Anyways, Happy New Years to you Glennpinn...[/bold]

16. l0st1

l0st1 Member

Hi, I found this forum while looking for a solution to a dvd burning issue.

I got a dvd burner for christmas. And I can't figure out how to burn multiple avi sources onto a dvd. I have nero6.0 , I believe. I burned 4 movies onto a dvd, then I went to check to see if they all worked without any complications. And everytime I try to open it. My computer lags something fierce. And then my explorer shuts off. And the dvd drive goes to not responding. Anyone ever heard of anything like this? Have any suggestions, or tips when trying to burn multiple avi files to a single dvd?

17. Nickdan

Nickdan Member

l0st1, get the latest-n-greatest software patches from nero.
    Also, did you try to play that burned DVD in your regular DVD player?
    But to answer your questin, NO I have not had a problem like you are describing.

18. the_scum1

the_scum1 Regular member

Well just to throw my 2 cents in. I'm no expert but I have burned a bunch of episodes of King of queens. They were avi files. I used vso divxtodvd then burned with nerovision express. I got 5 episodes on a dvd with menu and all. Let me tell you it was the best quality I have burned so far. It was very easy and any novice should be able to pull it off.

19. Kalvin00

Kalvin00 Member

the_scum_1, I am trying to do the same as you. I have 3 episodes of Home Improvement in a DivX .avi format that I converted to .mp2 and .m2v streams. I used IFOEdit to author them into .vob files, but how do I put all of them onto one DVD? NeroVision Express lists .vob under supported files when I try to add it, but they never show up. .Mpeg will not load either. WTF am I doing wrong?

20. Kalvin00

Kalvin00 Member

Nevermind, got it working using tmpgenc dvd author.