1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn mutiple cd songs into 1 cd???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by ozrookie, Jan 6, 2004.

1. ozrookie

ozrookie Regular member

Hi all,

Is there anyway i can put all the songs that i like into 1 cd??? i got heaps of cd and i want to select the songs i really like and burn it into 1 cd.

I am new to all this...so if anyway can provide a guide to it would be a great help.

Cheers :)

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You can do this by ripping the songs you want onto your hard drive as .wav files by using your favorite audio ripper - usually into a folder you can find easily. Exact Audio Copy and CDex are great for this and free.

Then fire up your favorite burning software, select the .wavs you just made and burn them!

This is a pretty basic answer so if you have further questions please ask.

3. cleft

cleft Member

If your player you use to listen to this music on is capable of supporting mp3 format, you can burn them as mp3's. Mp3s take up less space and you can get more songs on a disc than the usual 20 or so songs.

While I have not used them much, wmas take up less space than mp3s but again, if your player doesn't support it, that won't be of use to you. I dislike the phone home capability within media9 player and quit using that program when those capabilities came out. QCD is a player that supports these formats for the computer plus a lot of other formats. It is a freeware program and can be found by search with google. However if you listen to these with a home stereo or car player then that player must support these formats to be of use to you. Lots of mp3 players will not go looking into folders deeper than one file. So don't put subfolders within folders before recording them.

My favorite has been to use dvd as a backup source for my mp3s. 4.7 gigs will go a long way towards holding your mp3s.

CDex is a great tool for burning cds. Do be aware that a lot of the newer stuff has dmca in it and you may or may not get a good burn from them. Do a google search for CDex or go to download.com and search there for the program.

4. Nephilim

Quintessential is a great player that I've used for years. They have support for just about every popular format.

My personal setup is a 160 gig hard drive just for my music using monkey's audio. Monkey's is a lossless codec which means the file is compressed but with no loss in audio quality. You can then convert them back to .wav at will for burning to a cd.

5. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

Or something plain and simple EASY CD CREATOR

6. ozrookie

ozrookie Regular member

I got EAC install on my computer but i don't know how to use it...is there any EAC tutorial out there???

7. Nephilim

It's pretty simple.

1: Make sure the cd you want to extract from is in your drive.

2: Open EAC then select your drive (the one with the disc in it) from the drop down menu at the top left. When you do this the songs on the disc should appear in the main window.

3: Highlight the tracks you want to extract.

4: Now press the WAV button (or MP3, see below) on the left to start extracting. You will be prompted as to where you want to save the songs. Be sure to save them where you can find them!

5: When EAC has done it's thing you can close it. Now you have audio files ready to be burned to disc.

WAV files by nature a pretty big so they're not a great choice for storing large amounts of music on your hard drive. If all you want to do is keep them long enough to burn them to disc then delete them then they're fine.

There is a strong argument to be made for MP3. Because this format is so small you can keep large amounts of music on your hard drive without eating up all your space. Then the files are always there when you decide to make a different disc.

8. ozrookie

ozrookie Regular member

Thanks for that!

9. ozrookie

ozrookie Regular member

Guys i was able to rip cd into wave using EAC, but i was having trouble with putting diff cd into the same folder coz my cd is not in English therefore the Title and Artist show Unknown. How can i overcome the same tracks but with diff CD's???...i don't want to overwrite it.

10. Nephilim

When your songs come up in the main window you can highlight a track then hit F2 to rename the track. You're getting close!

11. ozrookie

ozrookie Regular member

Sorry i don't get it....from my knowleage i through you can't rename a song with the cd. Let me explain a bit more clearer....say i got 2 CD DiscA and DiscB....First i rip the DiscA with track 1 and when it finish....i insert DiscB and i also want to rip track 1 from DiscB....EAC will ask whether i want to overwrite the track 1 coz they are indentical (Since earlier i already told you that there is no Title and Artist name on my CD...EAC thinks it's the same DISC).I just want to find a way to overcome this so that i can rip the wave in the HD regarded whether there is identical tracks but with diff Disc.

Sorry about the unclear explaination hope this help.

12. Nephilim

I follow what you're saying. What I was trying to explain is that by highlighting a track (left-click the track once with your mouse to highlight it) and then hitting F2 you can type in the actual name of the track to avoid duplicate files/overwriting. By highlighting a track and renaming it you're not actually changing the name on the cd, you're just telling EAC what name you want for it when it saves it to your hard drive. Plus it makes it easier to identify the songs. Hope I was a little more helpful this time!

13. bigunit

bigunit Guest

lossless compression doesnt mean theres no loss of quality when its in the compressed form. it means it can be uncompressed without losing from the original. anything compressed will lose quality

14. Nephilim

If there is I can't hear it.