1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Burn or change Bin. And Cue. Files

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by klimax, Mar 15, 2007.

1. klimax

klimax Member

Hello,
    I am trying to change bin and cue files to Avi or Mpg so I can watch it on a media player or either burn it on DVD Disc so I can watch it on my computer?
    how do I do this with a free software that I can download? And what are the steps?
    thank you

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Lots of different approaches to your question, but here's a simple and fee one. Don't convert the bin/cue files to an avi or simple mpeg format for viewing (the file quality is not very good for viewing IMO), instead convert the .bin files to ISO images you can burn to DVD disk and view in any player (PC or set-top). To do this all you need is free, you'll need bin2iso for the conversion and imgburn to burn the ISO to DVD disk.

Bin2iso (guide included)
    http://www.weethet.nl/english/cdrw_bintoiso.php

Imgburn
    http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Simply convert the bin files to iso images then use imbgurn to burn them to DVD disk.

3. klimax

klimax Member

I burned the ISO file to the DVD disc but it won't play for some reason, it saids insert DVD disc on my interactual dvd player on my computer.

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Can u play it with a media player(WMP,VLC,RealPlayer,media player classic,)

5. klimax

klimax Member

No how do I play this? it used a little of my DVD disc and it won't play

6. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

can u read what is on the dvd,
    sounds like it is not dvd compliant so a dvd player program will not play the dvd.

Open the dvd and right click and select play in Win. Media Player.

7. klimax

klimax Member

i got it into ISO file about 701 MB big. and burned it to my DVD disc with imgBURN. it won't let me play on WMP or anything. Is there a way to just play the ISO file?
    thanks

8. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Looks like you've got a movie file that's either a VCD or SVCD, there are a few methods to playing them. As stated windows media player classic will open and play ISO as well as bin/cue files.

Media Player Classic is an great media player that can play back just about any video or audio file. For .bin/.cue files to play in Media Player Classic, click File --> Open File. Now click the button beside the Open: browse to the folder where your bin and cue files are in. Change file Object Types to "All Files". Now double click on one of the bin files. You will be taken back to the Open box now, simply click OK and if you have a VCD or SVCD image, it should begin playing immediately.

Download Media Player Classic from: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/media_player_classic.cfm

You can watch/play an ISO image file using [bold]Daemon Tools[/bold], get it here:

Download Daemon Tools from: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Daemon_Tools.htm

Here's a guide you can follow on using it.

http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/mount_watch_iso_files_page1.html

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  9. klimax

klimax Member

I tried that, and it saids, cannot render the file?

10. klimax

klimax Member

I tried playing the ISO file i made with imgburn on windows classic, and the screen is all green and there is no sound. and I also tried to play the bin and cue file on classic player and it saids cannot render the file.
    any way to fix this?

11. Koposhi

Koposhi Member

I would like to stick my nose in here if I can. I downloaded a Movie that when it was Un-rared turned out to be a Bin file with no Cue.Play's just like any movie , using the Classic Media Player and because the movie is fairly new decided to try and change the file to a DVD for househol Players. All the Burning and Ripping programs I have won't even acknowledge that there is a Video file there Any suggestions? I have read this thread from the start and have bookmarked all that I think could be of future use. Might be a better trick to look elsewher for the Movie "InsideMan with Denzel Washington & Jodie Foster. Thanks for any help.

12. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

klimax you would think that you being a junior member that you would know to use the search button before posting a question, you would of found the answer to your qusetion in the guides section, at the top of this page you will see a tab that reads guides if you click on that tab you will fin out how to burn a bin and cue file, also this is a dvd shrink forum for using the program dvd shrink so what does your question have anything to do with dvd shrink?

13. Rickster0

Rickster0 Regular member

Sometimes when it cannot render the file a cause of this may be that it is not a genuine download.