1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn programs to cdr that open when placed in cd tray

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Thailand8, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Thailand8

Thailand8 Member

I have files for a program, but they are not on a cd. I downloaded them from a website. All the files have to be together in the folder for the "setup" file to properly install the program on my computer. When I click on the file that says "setup" a setup screen appears which allows me to install the program. If I move the "setup" file out of the folder it is in with the other files, then installing the program will not work. My question is..does anyone know how I could burn these files on to a cdr so that, when I put the cdr into my computer(cd tray), the setup screen will automatically come up, like how real software is. If you go to the store and buy "microsoft office" and put it into your computer....a setup screen will appear...well I want that setup screen to appear instantly on my cd just like if I were to buy the cd in a store. I do not want to burn the files as data onto the cd so when I put it into the cd tray, I will have to click on "setup" to bring the installation screen up. This is hard to explain but its a very simple process I am talking about. Please help me if you know how to do this. Thank You

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

I think all you need to do is create an autorun file. You can find an example on any software you already have on disk. Just explore take a look at what they did then modify it for your program and burn it to a disk.

I'm not 100% on if this will work but it's an idea.

3. Thailand8

Thailand8 Member

Thanks Alot! You are Right! I found out how to do it now! And for anybody else who reads this post and does not know...this website tells you exactly how to do it using windows notepad:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818804

4. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Glad my suggestion helped.