1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn protected dvds with nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by badpny2, Apr 2, 2006.

1. badpny2

badpny2 Member

my nero will not burn protected dvds. my friend has nero working with dvd shrink and it will burn anything. how can i make mine burn too. i don't know much of anything about computers so be gentle with what you tell me. i have dvd shrink 3.2 downloaded to my computer too,but it does have anything to do with the nero and burning i don't think. can someone help me out?

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

You will need a prog to break the copyright, I would suggest as a free prog DVD FabDecrypter or download 21 day free trial of AnyDVD which is available from slysoft site.

3. dvdnoobie

dvdnoobie Regular member

DVD Shrink will use your Nero burn engine to backup movies. DVD Shrink also works as a decrypter, doing away with copy protections. But this program is old and can't decrypt newer movies. You may want to try AnyDVD, which offers a free 21 day trial.

Here's a guide to use Shrink. It may be of help.

http://www.dvdshrink.info/reauthor_basic.php

4. badpny2

badpny2 Member

okay so what do i do just download it and thats it? or does soomething else need to be done?

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

If you're talking about AnyDVD, just download it, select the Region where you reside and have the prog running while you copy the movie, I use Nero Recode to do my Back ups.

Mines an older version but it should look like this

[​IMG]

BTW You will know its running as the red fox will appear near your comp clock, bottom right.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
  6. badpny2

badpny2 Member

i downloaded it but i cannot find a nero recode on mine. maybe i have the wrong type of nero? i don't know what version i have.

7. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

You can try using DVD Shrink now with AnyDVD it should work.

8. badpny2

badpny2 Member

you read my mind it is working with shrink now. guess i'll have to buy the anydvd now too. that sucks. i also have dvd x 321 studios but it would not work with a couple dvd i have here.