1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn/rip DVD DL discs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by blakeas, Jul 18, 2015.

1. blakeas

blakeas Member

So I just got my first DL optical drive. I have burning DVD-R discs using anyDVD and clone DVD so I could compress it down to a single layer disc. obviously the quality was poor so I got a DL optical drive and DVD+R DL DVD discs. What is the procedure for ripping a DVD DL movie and burning it onto my New DL DVD+R disc? do I use another operation on clonedvd?

2. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Clone DVD will not burn to BD only to standard DVD. SlySoft has come out with the two options that you need to accomplish what you desire. You will need to purchase both AnyDVD HD, and CloneBD. You also have the option of purchasing a number of other programs but not all come with a ripper as nice as SlySoft. I use both AnyDVD HD on most stuff, but I also have DVDFab.

DVDFab is great because you can use just one program to accomplish a full disk, or movie only copy of your original BD movie. Here is the link to DVDFab... http://www.dvdfab.cn/ Most of my backups are movie only, so DVDFab works great for this.

HOWEVER!!! Slysoft AnyDVD HD in conjunction with BD Rebuilder is the best way to go in my opinion. BD Rebuilder is a free program that works perfectly as long as you have three additional programs installed with it. This is what I use and recommend.

Jump over to Slysoft and purchase AnyDVD HD

Then all the programs you need for BD Rebuilder are located on this site:

BD Rebuilder
    Haali Media Splitter
    FFDShow
    AviSynth

BD Rebuilder Settings

You should be making perfect backups in no time.