1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Burn the DVD after Encoding it with TMPGEnc Plus

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by mrpitman, Mar 13, 2004.

1. mrpitman

mrpitman Member

I was wondering how to convert it to DVD and burn it. I have one AVI that I converted to MPG and it's still in the process of converting it. But I don't know how to make it so Nero will read it. If I don't want to make chapters and just make the VOB files and etc. How do I get NERO to read it and burn it to DVD? I've read many of these issues here, but don't know what to do next. I will use TMPGEnc DVD Author to make the DVD folder, but what do I do next? How just to do it simple, and quickly. Please help me resolve this issue. Thanks.

2. trotula

trotula Guest

Hi! You don't need to use Nero at all. If you use TMPGEnc DVD author. Select 'Make Chapters' if you want, then Layout if you want and then Output. The program has its own software to write on to DVD disks. Or simply use Nero Express, Add data, after converting the AVI file to Mpeg. You'll be able to use it on a DVD player but with no fancy layout and chapters.

3. mrpitman

mrpitman Member

I read previous forums on here where people ran into problems when trying to burn the mpg from TMPGEnc to Nero. I have a dvd player that is about almost 4 years old now. I only plays DVD, Video Cd, and Audio. I have to trick it to play burned cds, because Sony didn't support it back when I first bought mine. The last DVD I burned like that there was no video, but there was sound. So what your are saying I can just to DVD Author and say write DVD, and it will automatically make the VIDEO_TS, AUDIO_TS Folder and then burn it to DVD Compliant? I haven't foudn a DVD Author guide. I've made 3 costers from this project and don't wanna mess it up again. So you're saying after it's done converting go to Nero Express and drag / drop the mpeg file and it will burn it to DVD Compliant, or use DVD Author and choose Write DVD?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

You Just Load you File into Tmpgenc DVD author and it will Go through something like 5 steps of setting up your menu"s and Chapters but it you don"t want any you would just Keep Pressing "Next" and at the end it will create the Video_TS folder and then Burn it to DVD for you ,OR if you don"t want It to burn it to DVD because maybe you want to watch the movie before burning to make sure it plays properly or something then you can use Nero in DVD-Video Mode to burn the Video_TS folder to DVD....
    A DVD Has a certain file structure you you have to set up in the Authoring program so your DVD Player can read the Info on the Disk, That is why you can"t just Burn the File directly to a DVD...It really isn"t that hard to do once you understand how the File structure works and then setting up multiple menu"s and Chapters is as easy as Pie, any Feature you see on a Retail DVD can be reproduced on your PC with the right software but Tmpgenc DVD author is probably the easiest one to use and will only make you a Basic DVD...well good Luck

5. XmarkusX

XmarkusX Guest

anyone know where to find the Tmpgenc PLUS?

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can get Tmpgenc Plus at http://www.tmpgenc.net/ and click the Banner at the Bottom of the screen and go to the download section....Tmpgenc Pluss only works for 2 weeks unless you have a registration code...Cheers

7. XmarkusX

XmarkusX Guest

Ommm i cannot find a copy of Tmpgenc that will work yet. Does anyone have working copy out there??

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

What do you mean "I can"t find a Version that works"??
    All versions work, You are Probably just not useing it Correctly...What type of message or error are you getting????

9. XmarkusX

XmarkusX Guest

hey minion I had a version that worked last week I KNOW HOW TO USE TMPGENC WITH OUT ANY PROBLEMS!! Then why is it that when i go to start the encode process i get a P3p dll error?? the version i have now is the plus 2.5 version.......

10. Minion

Minion Senior member

The P3Package.dll Error is Caused from all of your Tmpgenc files not being in the same Folder...Some poeple will sometimes take the Main EXE out of the Tmpgenc forder and Put it on there desktop and use it as a shortcut but you can not do this with Tmpgenc..
    So every File that comes with Tmpgenc has to be in a Folder and the same Folder and those Files include the "TMPGEnc.exe ,The P3Package.dll, the P4Packackage and all of the Other Files, and the Main EXE can not be sitting on your desktop as a shortcut....This fixes the Problem 99.9% of the Time the other 0.01% is caused from a corrupt P3Package.dll file which can be fixed by downloading the Program again.....Cheers

11. XmarkusX

XmarkusX Guest

hey minion your alright....thanks alot man i appreciate it.......thanks once again