1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Burn to 2 DVDs at once at Full Speed?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Holygamer, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Holygamer

Holygamer Member

I want to be able to burn two Double Layer DVDs at once. Each disc will be burned from it's own ISO which are on a USB 2.0 hard drive (I only have 1 USB 2.0 Hard drive). I have a 1 DVD+RW drive installed (SATA) and I would like to install another drive so I can burn 2 discs at once. I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ processor, 4GB RAM and Windows Vista.

I have a free Drive bay so I know I can install a second DVD+RW drive. I would like to be able to burn two Double Layer DVD+Rs at once at their full speed. How do I do this? I read something about needing each drive on it's own channel to get full speed but I don't understand how to go about doing this. I looked in Device Manager and the following is listed under IDE ATA / ATAPI controllers:

IDE Channel
    IDE Channel
    Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

How do I find out if I have a free channel for another DVD+RW drive to allow it to write at full speed?

Could you please also recommend any hardware and burning software which will allow me to burn 2 DVDs at once at full speed (can ImgBurn do this?).

Do both DVD+RW drives need to be the same make and model?

I know how to install a DVD+RW drive as I swapped out my old one before. How do I install a new DVD+RWdrive? Is it just the same as before?

Would I be better off just using 1 internal drive and 1 USB 2.0 DVD+RW drive? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Only way i know burning two at once is with a software that's capable of running in two instances,dvdfab can & looks like imgburn can as well

Install of new dvd drive is exact reverse of removal all are standardized so windows should provide drivers once rebooted

Full speed burn however even if using verbatim i would not recommend,duals are not like single layer & are very prone to write errors which in turn makes reading fail,admittedly i'm referring to 360 games & not movies,i won't burn above 4x on a dual as 8x gives issues,no it ain't got now't to do with a slack or old burner,this speed thing you mention means nothing as your only as fast as your weakest component you can't burn faster than what the disc is capable of receiving no matter whether on multi core or single

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

cor strewth.. people who ask this are always commercial pirates trying to make a fast buck but lacking the knowledge needed..

i see these type of burned disks all the time in pirate world.. burned flat out more than one at once.. 60% jump all over the place or have very obvious burn flaws.. the other 40% don't even work..

ever noticed how these questions ALWAYS come as peoples first posts?

4. Holygamer

Holygamer Member

I just started to make wrestling shoot (interviews with old wrestlers) videos. I own the content. I started selling DVDs and Blu-Rays of these on Ebay but it's taking a lot of work. I would like to expand and have a website but it costs too much to get the DVDs printed professionally and a lot more for Blu-Rays so I'm investigating how to have multiple DVD drives in a PC so I can burn them myself.

If you don't know the answer to my question then why not ignore it instead of wasting people's time by adding nothing of value and acting like a jerk? You seem to know a lot about pirated DVDs which suggests you buy them yourself which makes your statement laughable.

Yes imagine that, I'm already familiar with how to operate a single DVD drive so I've never had to post in a forum before but when I have a question about a more complex issue such as multiple drives, I ask someone else for help...

If it's always pirates who ask duplication questions then why don't afterdawn simply ban those questions in the rules?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

look at rule #5.

6. Holygamer

Holygamer Member

That rule at http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    says this "PIRACY AND LINKING TO PIRATED MATERIAL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE FROZEN IF YOU DO THIS"

ddp, I don't imagine any pirates would be stupid enough to ask a duplication question by saying they wanted to copy content they didn't own. So if you assume it's only pirates that ask duplication questions even though they don't say they that they're copying stuff they don't own, then why not just ban duplication questions?

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

[bold]Administrative actions[/bold]

Messages that break any of the rules above can be removed or edited by the moderators and administrators of these forums. Even if something isn't specifically mentioned in the rules, it doesn't mean that it would be permitted. It is up to the moderators and administrators to determine what is appropriate and what is not.