1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn .wavs/mp3s to DVD and have them read by DVD Player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jwhyrock, Oct 20, 2004.

1. jwhyrock

jwhyrock Guest

Ok, I posted this question in the burning copy protected dvds thread which was abruptly closed by the moderator for an argument between 2 of many people posting which didn't even interrupt the tech discussion.... but I digress.

I have a ton of music on my computer and a majority of it is in the form of mp3s. I have software (or had until I accidentally deleted it) which successfully converted mp3s to .wavs. I figured my dvd players wouldn't read mp3s so I converted to .wavs as all dvd players seem to be able to play cds. Well I burned about 4 gig worth of .wavs to a dvd using nero data backup. My dvd player and more importantly my PS2 didn't read the dvd. I figured my PS2 would more likely read the dvd than my standard dvd player.

See I'm hoping to be able to burn my .wavs to dvd so I don't have to waste a ton of time burning 10-20 wavs to cds which with my collection would take years.

End question is how do I get my .wavs to dvd and have my PS2 and/or my standard dvd player read it so I can listen to it on my home stereo?

If this is the incorrect forum to be posting this topic let me know. I figured my question is in regard to dvds so... Although fyi I have DVD+Rs which I've succesfully used to burn over 50 movies with so my dvds are good. My question is more about the process and/or software I should be using to do this if it's possible. Eventually I am buying a Samsung dvd player which supposedly reads mp3s. I wanted to listen to my music now though as I've recently downloaded tons of free awesome music from my other favorite website Overclocked Remix.

2. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

to my knowledge unless you change the Harddrive on the PS2 it won't play DVD-r or CD-r I may be wrong(XBOX WONT) Most newer DVD players will play MP3's! My daughters for example cost me 30 dollars about 6 months ago and it plays Mp3 format Cds!! these are just from me though and I am by no means as smart as others on this site!! hope all works out let us know how it goes

LD

3. jwhyrock

jwhyrock Guest

Well my burned DVD+Rs work just fine on both my PS2 and my stand alone DVD player. So I am using only DVD+Rs. Like I said I converted my mp3 files to .wavs in the hopes it would read them like a cd. Any other help would be very appreciated. If not I guess I'll have to wait until I get a DVD player that plays mp3s.

4. bozznia

bozznia Member

I've been asking the DVD manufactures this exact question for years. Why won't their players play DVDs loaded with MP3s? New stand alone DVD players will play MP3s on CD-Rs and CD-RWs. They will not play on DVDs until very recently, when I bought a Panasonic that will play MP3s on DVD-R, DVD+R, and RWs through the home stereo. They will also allow you to back up your photo album into JPEGs and view them over your TV.
    Time to upgrade!

5. jwhyrock

jwhyrock Guest

How pricey was your Panasonic and do you know of any other brands that support our cause? Also I was wondering how it worked when you have a dvd loaded with mp3s. Is there a max number your dvd player recognizes and then stops after 99 for example or if you had several hundred mp3s or lets say a lot, because I haven't figured out exactly how many a dvd will hold (a lot I'm sure) does it allow you to choose from all of them? I know a computer recognizes it no problem, but am just curious how a home stereo dvd player handles it.

Thanks for the response. I don't think there are too many people who are trying to do what we are from the limited responses. I assume most hard core pc users turn their pcs into their home stereo. Which before it became outdated I did with mine.