1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn with dvd Decrypter?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jomel, Oct 18, 2004.

1. jomel

jomel Member

Since my Nero is acting up I have my Video_ts on my Hard drive.Need now a burning software.I heared that DVD Decrypter let's me burn also.How does this work...step by step....

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Decrypter will only work if you have other burning rom software installed. What exactly is wrong with Nero?

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

jomel,
    You will need to use Shrink to compile the .iso image for DVDDecrypter. I believe there is a more info on this site but the jist of it is as follows:

1. Make a folder on your Desktop> call it Rip Movies

2. Insert Movie in either DVD burner or DVD-Rom and click cancel when it asks you what to use to open the movie

3. Open DVD Shrink> click Open Disc> Shrink does quick analysis

4. Movie Only Option

a. Go to Re-author and Click

b. Under Main movie slide the main movie to the left under DVD Structure

c. You can now remove the languages you do not want and the audio you do not want.

5. Go to File click Preferences. Lookunder File I/O and make sure Enable Burning with Nero does not have a check mark in the box.

6. Click Select Backup Target > click Iso Image file and burn with DVDDecrypter

7. Select Target Image File> Browse>Desktop> Rip Movie ( file you made)

8. click O.K

9. It will now do analysis and then encode the movie and automatically burn with DVDDecrypter

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  4. jomel

jomel Member

i really don't knoiw whats wrong with nero it won't burn.I have the video_ts on my hard drive and when I open nero to add the file it do it but when it comes to the burn button it wont let me push it it's light grey....I don't know what's wrong...

5. Discmania

Discmania Active member

We need a little more info I'm afraid. Does your video TS contain other files? If so which ones? From what source did you obtain the Video TS folder? Are you having any other problems with Nero? Will it burn data or audio discs?

6. Discmania

Discmania Active member

We need a little more info I'm afraid. Does your video TS contain other files? If so which ones? From what source did you obtain the Video TS folder? Are you having any other problems with Nero? Will it burn data or audio discs?

7. jomel

jomel Member

ok I used shrink to backup my files.For some reason my nero software did not burn automatically( nero is enabled)So I try to open nero and add the file but when I got to the burn screan it would not let me push the burn button.So now I have the video files on my hard drive but can't burn it.It is only video_ts files on there....

8. Discmania

Discmania Active member

In order to burn a DVD Video disc the files must be DVD compliant which means you must have ISO BUP and VOB files - these should be within the TS folder (double click on it to open). Have you tried loading a data or audio disc to see if the burn button is still greyed out? Also within Shrink you must check the box which allows direct burning with Nero.

9. jomel

jomel Member

Yes if i try to burn data the burn button is not greyed out it would let me burn...

10. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You mentioned in your original thread about backing-up. Were you trying to back-up a DVD disc or something else? I presume you have checked the box in Shrink to enable burning with Nero?

11. jomel

jomel Member

i enabled nero in shrink it still did not work.Now I unistalled nero and installed it new now I can see no where make a dvd video nothing with dvd only vcd and svcd..why is that now?I don't know what else to do my nero now has nothing with dvd on it anymore when u open smartstart....

12. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Are you using the OEM version of Nero or the full Nero 6?

13. jomel

jomel Member

U se the oem version and also dowloaded the full trial version and still I don't see anything with dvd on it....i don"t understand it was there before now it's gone when I reinstalled

14. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Completely uninstall Nero. You will then have to reinstall the full version from scratch and make sure it recognises your DVD drive by selecting 'choose a drive' from the task bar. The OEM version of Nero is fraught with problems and should never have been allowed to be sold. I had a similar problem one time but the full version i.e Nero 6 ultra should recognise the drive and solve the problem. Make sure you also install the latest update.

15. jomel

jomel Member

Ok I installed nero from the homepage which is a trial version.It only gave me express 2,smartstart but no burning rom so I can only open xpress2 is that right?And if I do so and I added the dvd files the burn button still don't work....

16. Discmania

Discmania Active member

17. jomel

jomel Member

How you use alcohol?

18. jomel

jomel Member

I just installed alcohol when I tried to open it it said trial version expired?He I never had that before?Oh well...I don't understand if I downloaded the nero 6 from the nero webpage why I can't find the burning rom????I can't find it under programms nowhere!

19. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You are not having much luck. One thing you can check is that your drive is securely connected. Check the IDE and power cables into the drive and that they are tightly connected. It seems Nero is not recognising your drive which could mean that it's loose. Also if you try another burning rom application you should uninstall the one already installed first.

20. jomel

jomel Member

Nero sees the burner but when I add the files it won't let me push the burn button I don't know why!I don't know no other software.All I want to do burn my files I have on my hard drive....