1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to change my ISO icon

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Anthony7, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

My ISO format files used to have an icon that looks red, it looks like my sonysonic record now....but for some reason it changed and now it looks like a sheet of paper with a cd in the middle.
    how do i change my ISO icon back to the one before?
    thanks

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey Anthony7,

Had the same issue.

You will have to reinstall the program that you were using before which changed the icon to what you wanted it too.

I had Sonic Record and it gave me the gold cd, then I reformatted my HD and then I just installed like Nero, Decrypter, and Shrink, but I get the cd with the paper behind it.

So, you only need to install the program that had it there.

Other than that, you might try and find the icon online and might be able to use it to represent ISO's.

Hope this helps!

3. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Your file association got changed. You need to change it back. Here is the easiest way to do it.
    1) Double click my computer.
    2) At the top of the window click on Tools then go to folder options.
    3) Click on tab "File types"
    4) Scroll down until you find the extention That has the icon change. In your case ISO.
    5) click once on ISO so that it is highlighted. Now click Delete and confirm delete.
    6) Close all windows. Now find A file with an ISO extention. Double click it. A window will come up asking what program to use. Make sure there is a check in "Always use this program to open...." Find the program you want to use it And double click it.
    TaDa you just re-asociated that extention. In fact you will find it back on the list you removed it from. All this info is assuming your using Windows nt/2000/xp. Directions are slightly different for Win 95/98/ME.

Good luck
    -Del

Oh yeah, This happened because you installed something after the program you like to use. That other program more than likely also can use ISO files.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  4. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

thanks guys
    Venom: i cant uninstall sony record because i dont have the install program. How can i find an iso icon online and let it represent my iso's files?

Mr.Del
    i tried using ur method, but i cant find ISO in the file types, which i find rather odd, since i can find all other possible file types there.

5. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

Mr.Del
    i just tried "adding" ISO in there, and then i tried opening sony record with it, but the icon didnt change. Am i doing something wrong?
    thanks again
    btw, i know it's really not important what the icon looks like, but for some reason it's just really getting on my nerves.

6. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Adding ISO where? In folder options? Dont do that. Go on the number 6 after deleting it. The icon represents what program the files are asociated with. Make sure the Always open with..... box is checked. The iocon could have also changed due to an update that changed it.
    -Del

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  7. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

hey thanks, i figured it out
    if anyone is interested
    i follow Dr.Del's instruction up to File types
    then i click on ISO and click "advance" then Change icon
    cheers

8. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

That works too. Good job.