1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Change Softmod Boot

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by locobrown, Apr 20, 2007.

1. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

i want to change the way my xbox boots. I currently have SID 4.5 dual boot closed=Evox Open=Xbox live. I was wondering, if i run the exploit using the game i used to mod my xbox, can i change the was my xbox boots? I want to use single boot. I hate pushing the eject button to change games and having the xbox live screen appear. I havent tampered with anything only have installed emulators and dvd2xbox. I have a ms dash backup and eeprom backup. I should be able to change the way it boots right? i'm just reinstalling everything right?. Please i need help ive installed many mods for other people but haven't actually changed the way they boot.

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Nevermind, If you want to change the way the eject and power buttons function you will need a MS Backup, the original before the softmod was ever done because when you change from dualboot to single the installer will use files located within the MS Backup folder to complete the install. It must be done while the xbox is off, power it on with the eject button and then run the exploit and choose one of the three boot options and reinstall.