1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to change web browser?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by smitty25, Apr 30, 2005.

1. smitty25

smitty25 Member

I am using firefox web browser, and McAfee anti virs but when I go to look at virs info or anything that has to do with opening a web page it opens up internet explorer and it comes up blank I think because it is not my defalt browser. I was wondering how to change my defalt browser to internet explorer while I use McAfee or how to get McAfee to use firefox insted of internet explorer. I'm running windows xp home.
    thankx smitty

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

If you want IE to become your default browser then just click on the IE icon and when it opens IE will ask you if you want to make this your default browser, just click yes to make it your default browser.

Another thing you can do is select NO and just look for the site you wanna view.

3. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Search for Mcafee Activator Plugin, so that blank pages dont come on Firefox either happens to probably everyone. If you don't wanna search for it jus P.M me your email address nd I'll email u the setup file.

4. smitty25

smitty25 Member

Hi
    I installed the McFree plugin but nothing happened. When I open up McFree and say click on the support button it opens up EX, and it's trying to bring up the info but its like it can't find it. Before I installed the McFree plugin a window popped up and said you are currently running netscape navigator not sure what this means. I use firefox for my browser and have qwest dsl for my service so what is netscape navigator for. sorry for the dumb questions I still have lots to learn.
    thankx for all the help smitty25

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

netscape navigator is the same as internet explorer & firefox