1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to check if I have a Coaster?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by scuuder3, Mar 20, 2005.

1. scuuder3

scuuder3 Member

This may sound dumb, but how can I quickly check to see if the burn I just completed is good. I have found that the Nero Verification is not a reliable indicator. The discs that fail verification seem to play fine, but I do not have time to watch every disc. If it burns successfully should I just consider it a good burn? is there a good tool to use?

thanks

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Flop it into a DVD player and view sections of it with your fastsearch button. If those look good, it is probably a good burn. A simple, rudimentary method I admit, but useful.

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

As bilbo suggested.

A good test is to go from the first chapter, to the last chapter several times.
    This checks the lasers ability to lock onto the stream - and is usually a good sign that the burn/media is good quality.............

4. colw

colw Active member

Check for beer bottle stains on the playing surface.

5. scuuder3

scuuder3 Member

thanks for the replies. I think I will stop wasting time with the verify feature of Nero and just do what has been mentioned.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Playing the DVD in your standalone is probably the best way to tell if the disk is good. You can use this little proggy to really make sure everything is good on the disk http://www.dvdinfopro.com/ because it may not play in your particular DVD player, but that doesn't always mean the disk is bad. It could mean your player doesn't like the media you are trying to feed it ;-)