1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to convert DivX AVI file to VCD?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by struts, Nov 2, 2002.

1. struts

struts Member

I have a movie file and able to run with DivX player and Windows media player.But the file does not have any properties(Right clicked on the file and "there is no summary of file information available").

I tried reading this AVI file with TMPGEnc and it says illegal VIDEO stream.

Only the file information I have is when I right click on file it says "AVI Vedio".Can I have some help ?.Can I ask this question in this forum?.If not please I accept my appolozy and feel free to remove.

Thanks.

2. struts

struts Member

Hey guy's

I played with DivX player and there was an option to see File information.

Media Properties:
    Transfer Rate: FILE Input
    File Size: 1 bytes
    Duration : 01:36:00
    Sream Demuxer: AVI Demuxer

Video Properties:

Video Codec : DivX Video Decoder
    Video Size : 640X272
    Video Renderer : Overlay Video Rendere
    Color Mode : YUY2 Overlay

Audio Properties:

Audio Codec : Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3
    Frequency : 48000
    Channels : 2

Subtitles Properties:
    Subtitles Type : Not Available

I hope this information will help you to give me some suggetions.

Thanks.

3. struts

struts Member

Hi,
    I have followed the steps which are explained at this link.
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/tmpgencexplained.htm

nOw I am able to see picture using TMPGEnc when I clicked on preview.But No sound and when I click on run it says Illegal MPEG System stream. I will keep working on to fnd out the ways .Mean while if any one have some idea Please post here.

Thanks

4. ksc519

ksc519 Guest

get Nero Burning Rom. With the newer versions, Nero will encode virtually any movie file to VCD or SVCD. Works Great for me.

5. struts

struts Member

I have a DivX AVI file and its size is 974,415 kb.So I need to first break them as two files and then create VCD's.In Nero I didn't find any tool for merge and cut.In TMPGEnc we have Merge and cut utility but it is not recognizing and giving message like Illegal Video format.But I am able to run in Windows media player.

Then first i have converted the file to MPEG-1 type by using TMPGEnc..click on File menu,click out put file,click on MPEG.It has encoded the whole file then I was able to use merge and cut utility and finished creating VCD's.

OK.Why I have explained is..When I run the VCD on ,my DVD player it is breaking picute and voice(Blue,pink,purple color pitchings).

I have used Aspect Ratio as 4:3 525 line(NTSC).Can I have any suggetion to get good quaility?.

The original file is a DIVX AVI and it really very good quality.

I will appreciate your suggetions.

Thanks.