1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to convert High definition tv rip into low resolution?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by dvdbunny1, Jan 19, 2005.

1. dvdbunny1

dvdbunny1 Member

Hi there

I have just downloaded a High definition TV rip which comes in at 700MB it has AC3 5.1 sound. Is there a simple way that i can take the file and convert it to a lower resolution file, something with a resolution of 640x480 or less and still keep the AC3 5.1 sound?

The resolution of this High definition TV rip does not work on my divx dvd player, and that's why i need to convert it, the current resolution is 960 x 528.

Can anybody help me please

any help greatly appreciated, thank you

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

With that resolution and AC3 5.1 audio, your 700MB program must be only 30 minutes long :)
    If your DL is an AVI, it could be opened and reworked using Gordian Knot
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/gordian_knot.cfm
    Your target size would be 640x352 for anamorphic 1.85:1 content.
    This should work within the profile of a DivX DVD player.
    Give it a go - ask back here if you have any problems.
    Regards

3. dvdbunny1

dvdbunny1 Member

I just tried that, thanks for the help, but the software is way too complicated. I am looking for something more like, where there is a wizard, that tells me to choose input source and then it tells me what resolution you want the converted file to be and what format to re encode it in and how you want the audio to be transfered accross, do you want to keep MP3 or AC3 or do you want them to be converted to available format etc etc

Is there any software like what i have described above that you know of?

I forgot to mention as the TV rip is in xvid my divx dvd player can also play xvid prefectly, but becasue of the resolution that is the only reason i need to convert it, i would like to convert the resolution to 624 x 352 if possible still getting the ac3 sound to all fit onto 1 CD, if not i will be happy to drop resolution a lot more down. Also the current tv rip is not 30 mins as you said but it is 43 mins. and 701MB on 1 CD.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  4. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

5. dvdbunny1

dvdbunny1 Member

I am sorry, but again that software is for DVD - another file encoding, i don't want dvd enoding.

but avi rips re encoding

6. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

If AutoGK will not open an AVI like GordianKnot will, then I guess you had better learn to use GordianKnot my friend :)
    It is not that difficult...
    It actually automates a lot of things that we used to have to do manually, making it our 'wizard' of choice.
    Good luck

7. shiroh

shiroh Guest

its really easy to learn.
    well i do it the hard way. write my own script and dump into vdub. all manually :)

anyway whatever you do, keep that high res source.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2005