1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to convert MP3?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by CPT_Spawn, Oct 8, 2005.

1. mikeski48

mikeski48 Member

Nevermind, i answered my own question. Is there any free software out there that can convert mp3 to wma?

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

dBpowerAMP

3. mikeski48

mikeski48 Member

it says mp3 encoder on 30 day trial license

4. oracle

oracle Member

There are a lot of transcoding programs between various types of music files, free or not. Personally for the conversion I use Nero Wave Editor, with the appropriate codecs of course. If you want to spend extra money consider buying Sound Forge, Steinberg Wave Lab or Steinberg Cubase.

5. pcpc

pcpc Member

mikeski,
    i think the 30 day is for encoding to mp3, you can still convert from mp3.
    the mp3 encoding was free till the copyright holders threatened the dbpoweramp folks

6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Like I said in my previous post you can get around the 30 day limit ny installing an older version or using the free Mp3 plugin for dMC. The catch is you must update the CLI or older version's version of LAME. All that is required for up dating is the current LAME package. Simnply place the EXE and DLL in the dBpowerAMP plugin folder.

Ced

7. hockeyfan

hockeyfan Member

hey I was reading this thread and thought I would ask a question myself. My friend put maybe 300 songs on a single CD-R somehow. I have maybe 100 songs downloaded I want to put on a single CD-R. Is there a program I need to do this or can I just do it with Windows Media Player cuz thats what I use to burn.Thanks guys