1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to convert MP4 to AVI without re-encoding.

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by hkbeginer, Mar 11, 2010.

1. hkbeginer

hkbeginer Guest

I have a video of MP4 with the audio of AAC and I wanted to convert it into AVI without re encoding. is there any way to do that..
    and another thing, can I get only AVI video from it and remove audio..?

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

You can get the video only,without re-encoding, but why an AVI anyway?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  3. hkbeginer

hkbeginer Guest

for another audio fit on it....but my main question is how to convert MP4 to AVI without re encoding.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2010
  4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Okay, I kinda guessed that, but why not replace the audio and leave it as MP4, would be easier.

5. hkbeginer

hkbeginer Guest

when I fit another audio on it, if audio is out of sync then I set it into AVI MUX GUI who accepts only avi or mkv..not MP4..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2010
  6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Use Yamb instead. Load the original file with the old audio, load the new audio and un-check the original audio. You can set a media delay if not in sync.
    Yamb will work with mp4, but it can be picky about the video streams.
    Another option that works better is MkvMerge(works with mp4 as well). You do the same, load the video and new audio, uncheck the old audio, and can set a delay or stretch the audio to make it match.
    Switching to an AVI is far less of a working solution.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  7. hkbeginer

hkbeginer Guest

Ok I download the YAMB.I'll check it. if any thing ask you, I told u later....Thanks

8. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

If Yamb gives you an error, use MKVMerge, it worked where Yamb failed.

9. porfitron

porfitron Member

Have you tried AVIdemux? It'll let you passthru video/audio streams to a new container, but also let you convert just the audio or video, too.

I really don't really recommend putting anything other than H.264 inside MP4, though, since most hardware players will be looking for H.264 video inside MP4 (ps3/xbox/appleTV/ipod...).

If you really want an MP4 from an AVI, you'll likely need to transcode it.

10. timmins99

timmins99 Member

Why do you want to change to AVI anyway. I use to convert all my files to play my movies. My DVD player would only play up to 720X480 videos and mostly AVI's. I use to spent hours converting movies mostly with Winavi converter. It wouldn't do allot of movies.

I suggest you buy a WD TV player instead. It plays almost everything. It even plays ISO files. WD has the options of connecting if to my computer via of a ethernet connection. It also plays 1080 BR movies. They are not too expensive, I brought the top of the line for $150 tax in. It has 2 USB ports were I have a hard drive connected. The ethernet connection allows me to transfer files from my computer to the hard drive.

11. hkbeginer

hkbeginer Guest

I'd like the Avi format very much coz its very handy. I m amaze that your WD tv player play iso...its a very powerfull tv player...