1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Convert WinDVD .wcp extension to avi or mpeg ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jenjerry, Feb 1, 2007.

1. jenjerry

jenjerry Member

Hi...this may be a dumb question...but it's driving me NUTS! I have WinDVD Creator2. I have made my video but it's in a .wcp extension? I can't open with anything other then the WinDVD....and I am needing to load it online, but it won't accept that extension...can anyone tell me how to change it to a avi or mpeg file...
    MANY THANKS
    Jenjerry

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

.wcp ???? Are you 100% sure about that? That extension is a Word perfect extension and that would be odd.

If it is .wcp try just changing the extension to .AVI in explorer and see if it plays in media player that way? It can't hurt to try you can always change it back.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  3. jenjerry

jenjerry Member

I know it's weird...but I am sure...everything I do in the WinDVD Creator saves it in that format....I have tried changing it to mpg....avi...and everything else on the extesion and it won't open.
    I tried looking it up on the WinDVD site and find nothing...I emailed them and no reply. all the files I have are that .wcp ??

4. jenjerry

jenjerry Member

the .wcp stands for --- W-in C-reator P-roject
    I just checked again when I tried to do a saved as option for another format...not working

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah I did little more research myself and found that .wcp is also an extension of WinDVD Creator. I am not to familiar with that program, but I would guess there should be something in the settings or under options that allow you to select the format to save the file in? It does say on thier website that you make a bunch of different formats.

Maybe someone that is more experianced in WinDVD Creator can help you out with this one but I will continue to check it out for you.