1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to copy a region 2 or 4 dvd to region 1 player?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by takore, Oct 29, 2004.

1. takore

takore Member

i just want to know how to make copies of a region 2 or 4 dvds to play on my region 1 dvd player, i have a DVDx Copy Platinum.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You can use Shrink 3.2(free) and when you hit backup, a window will pop up, under the DVD region tab, check region free.

For X copy questions there is an X copy section here in AD:

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

3. BrxBomber

BrxBomber Member

I used DVD Shrink 3.1 to try to backup a Region 2 disc and play on Region 1 player. It played on the DVD players I have but the video was choppy due to some kind of copy protection. The audio sounded good though. Interestingly, my Region 1 PC DVD-ROM played the backups I made without these problems.

Would DVD Shrink 3.2 correct this? I also tried DVD Decrypter, followed by DVD Shrink 3.1 with the same results.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I don't think it's in the rip, but I would definitely get shrink 3.2, there is a vast difference between the two, especially in video quality :>)

5. takore

takore Member

i tried doing what you told me to do, but after inserting and detecting the disc it is telling me to set my driver to region 1 and i could only set it 4x or else it will be permanent. i replaced DVDx with DVD Shrink 3.2

6. kinza

kinza Regular member